Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering people's experience with different brand headers, i see a lot of people using summit shorties, although it is hard to change your rear plugs with stock headers!

i am open to all performance brands, but hooker headers are looking better and better.

what are your oppinions?

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
generally speaking you get what you pay for. the summit headers are made by flowteck i belive and have worked out for many people, but the onbe drawback i see is they arent coated in a ceremic or other high temp covering, so the paint burns off and the rust startes in a matter of days. i had cermic bassani headers and they are prob the best you can get, JBA headers are good too, but more money. you want a thick flange, and good protctive coating.

lets face it, if you want headers, your never gonna be able to swap spark plugs easy again

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
For my 92 5.0:

Flowtech - Tubes didn't match up on driver side and passenger side rested on frame. Sold them.

Headman - Passenger side would have required notching frame. Sent them back.

Hooker Supercomps - Fit great.

All of these are Full Length headers. Whatever you buy get them in a coated version and use good header bolts.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Go with Hooker and never look back!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
never had a problem with my summit shorties. been running them over a year now on this set *ive had two sets, first owner wrapped the 1st set in asbestous cloth that crystalized the metal and it flaked away*

My set of headers has yet to rust even though the paint is burned off. I will recoat them thoough during the engine swap.

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
I have a set of Hedman Headers shortys and they have given me no problems. I also have a lift on my truck so I didnt' have to adjust anything. Although, I had to re purchase the damn smog pipe that comes up the front of the header and connects into the EGR valve. Frigging old. but, only 35 bucks through Ford.

Just make sure you use good header bolts along with header washers and get a good set of gaskets. The ones that come with the headers are okay, atleast with my experience with the Hedman Headers.

"Disregard this post".. :thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts