Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!

My name is Emily, picked up my first Bronco the other day for a ridiculously low price tag: 1985 351 4bbl.

Looks like someone put Mickey Thompson rims on the beast (the caps in the rear say m/t anyway) and its on some heavy duty leaf springs. She's clearly been trashed by kids "experimenting" with her. Well I'm a 30-something Mom that needed something cheap and safe for baby so that will be enough of that! She's all gutted and someone sprayed her with primer-in-a-can (didn't bother to mask off anything either). The ignition is hanging from the dash (not in the steering column) boy I could go on and on...but mechanicly I got two major problems: The carb and the choke relay (WTF is a choke relay?! Who knew.)
I plan on grabbing a 1406 Edelbrock instead of rebuilding what is there, but the choke relay??? I can have one made custom 'cos I don't know where in the heck to find that part. Anyone have good links for salvaged choke relays? do they go by another name? can this part seriously not be found anymore?

So that's all - will post pics later. In the meantime I'm gon'na go find some appropriate topic/threads for my problems with the carb and relay.

God bless! :haha <--duck hunt dog? niiiiiice.

PS: Ummmm, where is the handle for opening the tail gate? Our shepherd is getting impatient with me.

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Welcome. The handle is on the inside, at the top. The window has to be down to open it. Use either the key or the switch on the dash to lower the window. If the window won't go down, there is a lot of good info to be found using search.

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
I wondered that too. Knows about a 1406 Edelbrock carb and Mickey Thompson rims, but is stumpped on getting the tailgate down? I thought that maybe she figured it was like a p/u tailgate. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, for the dogs sake.

·
4:20 Enthusiast!
3,277 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Welcome to FSB ~ :thumbup

Best DIY resources:

FSB "search" tool above
Haynes Repair Manual
www.broncolinks.com
www.supermotors.net
FSB member El Kabong's - "baba loohey's favorite FSB links" and questions
FSB member Steve83's - tech album, just click his black Bronco to take you to it, scroll.

Enjoy! :beer

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The windows have to be down - silly Ford. My window motor is busted, so now I know of another thing that needs to be replaced. Thanks all!

PS: Nope not a joke. I can see how ya'll would think that but if not and you're just sociopaths trolling for arguments go else where I won't make you a good target.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
The windows have to be down - silly Ford.
QUOTE]

hey there watch that kind of talk round these parts. not all the windows need to be down just the rear window. now who's silly?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ha...

The windows have to be down - silly Ford.
QUOTE]

hey there watch that kind of talk round these parts. not all the windows need to be down just the rear window. now who's silly?
Sorry, I couldn't resist it. Me - I'm silly (aka naturally blonde...and without herbals, so sorry about the crabbiness before guys). As for Ford, well my first was a Fairlane, so Ford will always be warm in my heart: at least the classic ones, we'll see about this electronic choke world. The fewer electronics the better, for me, so I'm already: :banghead

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome. The handle is on the inside, at the top. The window has to be down to open it. Use either the key or the switch on the dash to lower the window. If the window won't go down, there is a lot of good info to be found using search.
:duh

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts