Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm restoring the tilt steering column in the bronco, and I can't figure out how to wire the horn button. The truck didn't have the stock steering wheel when I bought it. I've replaced it with a stock version, but I don't know how to hook up the wiring because the 2 wires for the horn are cut off half way up the column. If I remember correctly, when I bought it, these 2 wires were hanging out of the column so you could touch them together to get the horn to honk.

Is there some kind of connection I should be looking for in the turn signal or something? I've looked all over and cannot locate a place to plug a wire. I'm pretty sure I don't wire it directly to the horn button because that would twist my wire all the hell :toothless

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Hey, I'm restoring the tilt steering column in the bronco, and I can't figure out how to wire the horn button. The truck didn't have the stock steering wheel when I bought it. I've replaced it with a stock version, but I don't know how to hook up the wiring behttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/gearrat/smilie_redX.gif
:red xcause the 2 wires for the horn are cut off half way up the column. If I remember correctly, when I bought it, these 2 wires were hanging out of the column so you could touch them together to get the horn to honk.

Is there some kind of connection I should be looking for in the turn signal or something? I've looked all over and cannot locate a place to plug a wire. I'm pretty sure I don't wire it directly to the horn button because that would twist my wire all the hell :toothless
What wires are hanging? picture?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Steering column should have two spring loaded pins. Back side of steering wheel will have two round tracks the pins push against. Wire is Blue/Yellow, horn button connects it to ground, activating the horn relay.

·
Registered
533 Posts
What wires are hanging? picture?
Steering column should have two spring loaded pins. Back side of steering wheel will have two round tracks the pins push against. Wire is Blue/Yellow, horn button connects it to ground, activating the horn relay.
what wires:goodfinge blue yellow pick, or red they all go to a relay/circuit. you need a relay. your wires, or your switch will burn up with out it. my horn switch goes to a relay, and makes my late 30's/ early 40's fire tuck siren work from my horn switch.
stock it went to a relay. it should work with out a relay, but could burn the wires up,or the switch. all the horn button does is ground. creating a circuit.:
a relay is pretty much a reseting fuse,or a breaker. breaks the conection, and will reconect by itself. it gets to hot? it breaks the conectiton. then rests. you never burn a wire. it will work agian.
use the relay.

·
Registered
528 Posts
a relay is pretty much a reseting fuse,or a breaker. breaks the conection, and will reconect by itself. it gets to hot? it breaks the conectiton. then rests. you never burn a wire. it will work agian.
use the relay.
A relay is a switch. Not a fuse or circuit breaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts