Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the situation everyone. I was in a minor accident this past sunday (not my fault at all, stupid lady tried to turn from a non turning lane into my turning lane.:madder) But long story short, there were no issues until yesterday afternoon. All of a sudden yesterday afternoon, my horn went off randomly.:banghead I figured the horn on the steering wheel got stuck, so i ignored it. Then last night, i got a knock on my door at 1230, and it was my neighbor coming to let me know that my horn was going off and that he needed me to shut it off. I had to completely disconnect it to get it to stop! Anyone know what to do? Because currently I have no horn until we get this issue resolved.. Thanks:thumbup

·
Registered
43 Posts
check all the wireing for shorts. if you cant figuire it out you can get an air horn and wire it to a momentary switch it will be an upgrade from stock and only cost arround 40 dollars.

·
A broke kid with a bronco
4,065 Posts
Is the relay stuck or does it have constant power to the trigger side of it? Pull the relay and see if the horn still makes noise.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Oh hell man just get yourself a train horn....that'll solve all your horn problems.:toothless:rofl: J/K

BTW- do you have an alarm in your Bronc?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No alarm in my bronco, its an 83 and nobody has felt the need to put one in. Ive tried messing with the horn, and i cant seem to find the short in it. It goes off randomly, even when im not around my bronco, so for now its disconnected. Any ideas on what it would be? I've got no clue because ive tried disengaging it at the horn from the steering wheel and it still goes off. Not sure really what to do next. For now, looks like i just have to deal with bad drivers around me till i get it fixed:thumbup

·
Super Moderator
27,017 Posts
yo,
These are from an 83 EVTM:
HORN Relay Location in 80-86; "...relay is mounted on the cruise control amp which on 80 - 86 is just under the dash to the right of the driver position. It has a metal cover with 3 contacts..."
Source: by Seabronc (Rosie, Fred W) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Wiring Diagram

Troubleshooting & Operation
without speed control: when horn sw is closed, current flows thru Fuse 16 to horns
With speed control: when horn sw is closed, energizes the horn relay. The relay closes & current flows through fuse 16 to the horns.

Ck voltage @ horn connector w/horn sw depressed.
Turn adjusting screw on horn counter-clockwise 1/4 to 3/8 turn, then secure. If horn does not sound, R&R.

FYI, see More info in an 83 by Fred;
Speed Control

1 - 7 of 7 Posts