Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drowned out the stock horn in a mud hole a while back..I have tried replacing it with a model that has two male connectors but it just wont work. I've replaced the relay and i AM getting power at the female connectors when the pressure switch is activated. What to do?.. am i just connecting hot/ground wrong?

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,983 Posts
You get 12v, have ground, but the horns don't work? Sure you have power? Try a test light?

I like the 15buck harbor freight honkers actually.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats a nice set up.. saw that one at auto-zone.

anyways. yes I have power (12V) and ground.... I have used both a volt meter and a light bulb test.

im about ready to duct tape a hand-held air horn from a football game onto the mirror.

·
Registered
209 Posts
lol, i cant remeber when my stock horn last worked, i have a Code 3 V-con traffic buster siren with Airhorn plus the three siren tones (Wail, Yelp and Hyperyelp). with 2 100W siren speakers it REALY gets attention

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, i cant remeber when my stock horn last worked, i have a Code 3 V-con traffic buster siren with Airhorn plus the three siren tones (Wail, Yelp and Hyperyelp). with 2 100W siren speakers it REALY gets attention
mm... I'd love that. anything but not having one. everybody here at my high school who has their license shouldn't.. and i have to deal with the 16yr olds who are fresh of thier drivers test drving dadies beamer. pisses me off. some of us pay and care for our cars.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was just doing some soldering on wires, and I realized perhaps it does matter with the gauge of the wire I should use for the wolo air horn.

the section I need to extend on the truck is 19 strand? Is this correct and if I solder 14 (will use for the wolo) to the 19, will I be ok?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I was just doing some soldering on wires, and I realized perhaps it does matter with the gauge of the wire I should use for the wolo air horn.

the section I need to extend on the truck is 19 strand? Is this correct and if I solder 14 (will use for the wolo) to the 19, will I be ok?
umm, what gauge wire? counting strands is not how wire gauge is determined. Gauge is the conductor diameter.

BTW, start your own thread. hijacking threads is poor form. (not that that hasn't stopped me) :toothless

·
Registered
777 Posts
In a thread where the original poster hasn't posted in 3 months, it's not really a hijack. :shrug It's "searching", which is :thumbup Much better to continue an old thread than start a new one & axe all the same questions again. :twak
ACK! my bad...I didn't read the dates.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is kinda funny hah... btw, if anyone cares.. i finally got mine to work. i was so frustrated and thought i would give it one last try before i gave up all together on having a horn. i played with different grounds, turns out thats all it was. everything under my hood is so mud colored that i couldn't tell my grounds that i was trying to use were either painted or plastic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts