Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the purpose of this hose. I just found out that mine is missing. The shop told me a few weeks ago. It has been missing for the past 7 years I've owned the bronco

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Prevents the throttle body from icing over (open) in cold conditions, and also keeps coolant circulating around the transmission oil cooler.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So that's sounds like something I should fix. The ford dealer quoted me $19 for it, but the one I called didn't have it. I could check at other ones in the area

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I stopped and look at a few trucks at a junk yard and they didn't have this hose. They had a t fitting in a heater hose which ran a smaller hose to the throttle body. I currently have the t fitting, but my smaller hose goes to this spot above the coolant sensor (i think?). Now I'm a little confused

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
It can be confizzling. 5.0L engines usually have the tee setup, whereas 5.8L engines with the E4OD (most of 'em) have the one pictured with the line going straight from the top of the throttle body to the filler neck (sourced @ that nipple near the ECT and thermostat housing). Technically, as long as you have a pressurized feed into the bottom fitting (sourced from the 'top' of the engine), and a path for return (to the filler neck), coolant should flow.

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,970 Posts
you necessarily don't have to run it, my brother hasn't had one on his mustang for the longest time, and hasn't had any problems. after 7 years of no problems, i wouldn't bother putting one on it.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Has he driven that Mustang through ice and snow, though? And does he have an automatic transmission with a similar stall ratio torque converter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts