Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
In Front of Jopes
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you guys use to give you the prices of the rooms especially if its at the last minute like if your vehicle breaks down or if its weather related etc.?

I think the hotel/motel should honor the prices that show up on Hotel.com etc.
Like it will show $48 a night and they actually charge you $81 after tax and give you a room with a crack house style bathroom with sh-tty drywall.
In the future I am going to stay away from Super 8's. They seem to be crack houses.

One lesson I learned, don't get the cheapest room in a big city like Kansas City, MO. again. The Admiral had a door that didn't lock well. At 2am going back from the bar you will find black teenagers circling you on their bikes which was insane and I never seen anything like it. Its better to pay a bit more for a hotel in a more secure area.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edit: I want to know where to look on the internet to give me the correct prices per night.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I use Tripadvisor and check the reviews. Normally you can spot the crack houses from the reviews let by other guests. The cheapest is always gonna be the crack houses or the party all night hotel....

It is cheap for a reason...

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,066 Posts
I learned from traveling up and down the east coast... usually anything under a bill is gonna be a ho' round-about. And yes, what KLH said, use tripadvisor.

·
Registered
550 Posts
...and don't forget your AAA discount.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Trip advisor, kayak, travelocity, trivago... Or with a little more notice, air BnB, or VRBO.com ...

·
Premium Member
35,173 Posts
When I'm on the road and by myself... I find the tiny little Mom & Pop type places, the old fashioned way.
If the woman's involved... I drive and she can deal with that mess as the navigator.

I'm only replying because I just saw a Trivago commercial and thought of this thread.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adrianspeeder:
What happens when you leave that $1300 dollar coffee mug in your hotel room?🤣

1 - 14 of 14 Posts