Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long should it take me and a capable mechanic to install a 3 inch bodylift on my 94? the mechanic installs lifts and 4 wheel drive parts for a living so he should be more than capable. also we will have use of a full shop, lifts, air tools. im just trying to weigh out my options to get a lil bigger.

thanks in advance, matt

also is there any snag ups of problems notorious with installing a body lift?

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Your mechanic friend should have been able to answer all your questions about installing a body lift. If he can't, then he shouldn't be anywhere near your rig

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know he should know but i want to weigh if it is worth it before i approach him and set something up with him

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Talk to him about it, since he's the one that will be doing the work. From a personal experience stand point - which, I think, is what you're after - I can't answer that, since I never plan to use a body lift on anything I own

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
GearHead said:
i did mine myself in under 4 hours.
:shocked :shocked

it took me about 14 hours to put one on my f-150 the first time.... but i worked by myself...it was hard trying to hold the bed up and slide a block in... :banghead

·
Repo'd
1,570 Posts
2 hours,

But It is the worse modification mistake you will ever make.

You have to move your front bumper with the supplied
brackets, and You have to get someone to build you
rear brackets for the rear because no manufacturer offers
any. Note: This ensures that your front and rear bumpers are
nowhere nearly as strong as they were before.
You will have to purchase lift lips to hide the nasty
looking gap that the lift will open up over the rear tires.

That said, I did it and wish I never did.
2 hours of labor and years of kickin yourself in the arse.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i really dont regreat mine. sure i rather of had a 6" lift, but all i had on the truck was 4". i needed more room. body lift was the easyest cheapest thing. raising the front bumper was really easy. i made my own brackets outta 1/4" steel. rear i used same bracket, just drilled some new holes in rear bumper and mounted them where it was needed. the only thing i can say bad about it is if you look, you can see the gap created by the lift in the rear wheel well. big deal. i havent noticed any mechanical or safety problems because of the body lift yet.

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,920 Posts
took me and a buddy 3 hours to do mine, i dont mind the gaps betweent he bosy and frame and the rear bumper i raised using the factory brackets. i just flipped them around and redrilled a couple of holes and was set :thumbup .. as for the front bumper dont have one

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
:stupid I'm with both of the stupids up there .. I will not do a body lift either :shrug ... it's either all suspension or off to the fender hacking for me ... hey, wait .. I did that already :thumbup

·
Registered
83 Posts
Im not a fan of BLs either. Also, something to consider is if you offroad, the bodylift is gonna raise your center of gravity even more..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bad 87 said:
Im not a fan of BLs either. Also, something to consider is if you offroad, the bodylift is gonna raise your center of gravity even more..
Yes you do have to consider the center of gravity problem BUt meaning that most of a vehicles weight consist of the Frame ,Drivetreain ,Engine and Tranny Then your not Having that big of a diffrence in the center of gravity.

Personally if your looking for two or three inches and your prepared to do a little Jerry Riggin than go for it,
but the thing i think you need to remember is that most Shops (4WheelParts, Les ShWab) wont install suspension lifts on a vehicle with a body lift.

Just my two cents

:thumbup

Matt--

1 - 14 of 14 Posts