Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume with the top off in the summer heat that the AC is about worthless, is this correct? Currently the AC is down in my truck and I plan to pull the lid once it warms up here in central Kansas. If I don't need the system I would just as soon pull it off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
AC obviously isn't as critical but is still effective on a topless Bronco, IMO. If you're just chuggin along on a dirt road cruise the cool breeze feels pretty nice in our Missouri humidity.

·
I did done broke it
2,282 Posts
Depends on if the system has been taken care of or not. But yeah really just take the top off.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I wish I had the option to pull the top full time in the summer, its too damn hot here. But I have had it off before. With the windows up and the back top off you can feel the A/C but its just not cooling you off.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh the system is trashed, it would require a full rebuild from the condenser to the evaporator.

It is coming off! lol. What are my chances of finding a non-ac truck to pull a heater box from??

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,210 Posts
I've got a soft top on mine and didn't have A/C for a long time..the biggest problem not having it, especially down here is the defog. when it rains and gets really humid, the windows fog up pretty bad without it..

·
I did done broke it
2,282 Posts
Wing windows dont help? I always crack those suckers and it clears that right up

·
Registered
843 Posts
I can't vouch for the AC during the summer, but there has been times when it was cool enough in the spring around here that I had the top off and the heat on. I put it on the floor vents and it would heat the front passengers relatively well provided that the windows were shut.

I imagine that the AC would be similar, but you won't get cooled off as well - I don't think you can put the floor vents on with the AC, and even if you could, the cold air would basically stay in the foot wells. I guess you could put the front defog on with the AC - that might be the same as what you get with the heat.

Either way, you won't be freezing your butt off in August.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another az guy here. When its 110 out, its GOING to be hot. Top or no top, ac or no ac. Granted the ac will make it less hot, but its still going to be hot. I'm not sure how hot it is in Kansas, but you'll probably want more power out of it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts