Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a soft top and it seems I'll never find a fast-trac, so my optons are safari top or a fastback top. I'm leanin' towards the fast back. Anybody got some wisdom or advise for me? Anybody have a fast back who can tell me about it? Please people I need some opinions and wisdom!

·
Puts it were it doesnt go
640 Posts
i personally like the fastbacks. i have never seen one in person but i've seen a couple on this site and i like the looks. your going to have a hell of a time finding one. there is a thread in the general chit-chat about a company producing them

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I happen to "know someone" who is selling a good condition Tonneau style soft top

·
Registered
484 Posts
I got one. I like it alot. I got it from soft-tops.com. I had to drill a lot of holes for the installation. They have a new design which has a track system that uses the factory holes. People can sit it the back with it on, they just have to put their elbows on their knees.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,005 Posts
I'm in the market for a soft top and it seems I'll never find a fast-trac, so my optons are safari top or a fastback top. I'm leanin' towards the fast back. Anybody got some wisdom or advise for me? Anybody have a fast back who can tell me about it? Please people I need some opinions and wisdom!
IMHO

There are 4 (four) Basic styles of tops for the Bronco.
BIKINI - FASTBACK - TONNEAU - SAFARI (FAST TRAC)

BIKINI
While I have never seen a production model Bikini for FSB's (Only Early Broncos) I have seen them. Probably custom or home made models. These are an excellent top for hot climates that only require a top to keep from frying the people in the back seat. It would probably be the easiest to make at home but it's probably the least utilitarian of the tops.

FASTBACK
If you want to run around mostly topless but need something you can throw on if a rain storm kicks up and will cover rear passengers in a pinch then get a fastback.

TONNEAU
If you want something to run that looks really cool and you don't need to carry more than one other person and just need to keep the sun and rain out of the cargo area than the Tonneau style is perfect.

SAFARI (FAST TRAC)
If you want a Utility top that serves as a sun shield as well as a rain top and allows you to use the full carrying capacity of the Bronco then you need the full Safari top. It's the most functionally complete of all the tops, allowing the uses of the others combined into one. It is also the most expensive and rare one to find. GOOD LUCK!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts