Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the biggest lift you can get for a 1979 Bronco?? I've heard that Superlift makes a 9" lift, but I want bigger. I was reading in someones profile that they have 11" coils, and dropped spring cups or something... 'Blazer Assult Vehicle' was the truck I believe, but the owners name on here escapes me. I would like to be able to clear some 53" Michelins w/ minor to no fender trimming. I have a 6" superlift w/ 40's. Any ideas?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Umm that would be me.....I have 11" coils,3 1/2 dropped coil towers and a 3" body lift.I am clearing the 44s without any problems.If you go with 53s,I would have to suggest some rockwells and a bigblock

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Tiny said:
I would like to be able to clear some 53" Michelins w/ minor to no fender trimming. Any ideas?
You're completely on your own. You won't find a single lift kit to fit those tires, especially with no fender cutting. What axles are you planning on using for the michelins?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think its time to pull out the torch and build your own. You might think about converting the front to leaf springs and doing a shakle flip in the rear for starts. If you have heard of the magazine Bronco Driver they had a 79 in there with the kind of lift you will be looking for plus "the rockwells and the big block". Good Luck. FB

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
if you are asking what lift kit you should get to clear 53's, you shouldnt be allowed to have 53's.

you are going to need a completely new engine, transmission, axles, and suspension. tcase should be fine. if you dont know how to build, or cant afford to buy all that, i wouldnt do it.

·
I am Super!
495 Posts
How about a portal (Spelling?) axle, like hummers have. They give extra lift and better ground clearance while helping with the driveline angles

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raised how much do you want for your 9" Superlift coils?? I have a 6" Superlift now, but other than the radius arm drop brackets, longer brake lines, & driveshaft mods, what would I need to install the 9" coils and make it function properly?

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
I run 44" with 8" suspension. It's nice, but it can be scarey taking a curve at 60mph.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Sorry i sold the 9" coils.As for being too tall,GO BIG OR GO HOME

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
Bronkzilla said:

:rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :r:rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon

·
Registered
918 Posts
:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :thumbup

·
Registered
918 Posts
:shocked 12" blocks?Thats definently not the way to go.Just because its the easiest way doesnt mean its the safest.I'd hate to see that block getting spit out :slap

1 - 20 of 23 Posts