Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a glasspack on my 87 bronco and I was hoping to get that "muscle car sound" out of it but I dont think it sounds any different than it did stock. What can i do to make it loud besides dropping a whole new exaust system in it?

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Nothing. You could straight pipe it from the cats but that only gets you a mild rumble. In order to make it sound decent you need a 3" system from y-pipe back.

Search, there are about 1.3 million threads on this.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I just put a glasspack on my 87 bronco and I was hoping to get that "muscle car sound" out of it but I dont think it sounds any different than it did stock. What can i do to make it loud besides dropping a whole new exaust system in it?
You removed the muffler that was on it and replaced it with a glass pack...and it wasn't any louder?

If you are looking for that muscle car sound, try rebuilding your motor for high performance, otherwise all you have is a loud sounding stock motor and only dummies can't tell the difference between say a glass pack (simply a loud vehicle) and a high performance motor...dummy:goodfinge

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i mean lets be realistic here i know im not actually gonna sound like a drag racer.
but put it this way my 4 cylinder toyota tacoma with just a flowmaster 40 is a hell of a lot louder than my bronco

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
If you want it to sound good, you have to spend money, period.

Cheap headers, a Bassani Y, a 3" cat, 3" muffler, and the 3" tailpipe will do it. Search.

·
Registered
155 Posts
cut...the second cat off... the big one...put on a flowmaster supper 44...i got a sound clip somwhre on here...im pertty happy for only speding 25 bucks (flowmaster i got off craigs list for 25$)

·
Banned
11,470 Posts
Drag a few metal garbage cans behind you on chains, each with 2 live male cats welded inside.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,903 Posts
until i can do the headers and bassani and all that goodstuff, i cut off my second cat and ran 3" from there to a turn down...sounds mean..

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
AIR HORNS!!!

Just kidding. I dont realy know why anyone would want a loud truck!! But if you loose the cats and put the glasspack on backwards it will be like straight pipes!! And it will be loud!!! I'm not saying its ok to remove the cats but its just some FYI.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Headers, a REAL Ypipe, and a high flow cat will go a long way to doing it. The stock cats, and restrictive Ypipe, make a good muffler. Frankly I HATE the sound of glass packs!!!! But thats just me. To REALY get the sound, you need the motor to back it up. A weezing stock, worn out 5.0 will never thump like a good proformance engine.

·
Registered
668 Posts
For some reason i like to hear my engine from the engine compartment and not the tailpipe. I wish i could get better peformance from an exhaust without making my truck louder.:popc1: and glasspacks do suck.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.