Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to tell if my 94 XLT came from Ford with the factory Ford alarm/keyless entry system?

I bought the vehicle recently, but there were no key fobs given to me at the time of purchase. I also do not see any LED's anywhere within the vehicle and have not located an external siren (yet).

It does have power locks (and other power features), but I'm not sure if they were "keyless entry" door lock cylinders or the standard door lock cylinders?

What should I be looking for, or where should I be looking in order to determine if the vehicle did or did not have the Ford alarm/keyless entry package?

My 94 Cobra has the factory Ford alarm system w/keyless entry and from reading up on different sites and such, it seems that a similar system was available from Ford on the truck line... this is why I am curious to know...

Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Cobra Jet said:
Is there any way to tell if my 94 XLT came from Ford with the factory Ford alarm/keyless entry system?

I bought the vehicle recently, but there were no key fobs given to me at the time of purchase. I also do not see any LED's anywhere within the vehicle and have not located an external siren (yet).

It does have power locks (and other power features), but I'm not sure if they were "keyless entry" door lock cylinders or the standard door lock cylinders?

What should I be looking for, or where should I be looking in order to determine if the vehicle did or did not have the Ford alarm/keyless entry package?

My 94 Cobra has the factory Ford alarm system w/keyless entry and from reading up on different sites and such, it seems that a similar system was available from Ford on the truck line... this is why I am curious to know...

Thanks fellas!
PM Dustin.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you are looking for the ledit is in the dash lower lefthand corner. Keyless entry was offered in 94 on the eddie bauers so it wouldn't be suprising if it was on the other models. Steve83 is right just check out under the dash panel above the gas pedel. If you have it there is a little connector looking piece running off one of the wires that you short out to program the keyless remote. Takes all of about 30 seconds.
adam

·
Forward Some Money
5,054 Posts
Dat_Bronco_Boi said:
then what is the box, it has an external LED, on the left wall between the door and firewall on my gfs 92?
sounds like an aftermarket shock or motion sensor.

·
Forward Some Money
5,054 Posts
Cobra Jet said:

Thanks fellas!
with most factory Ford alarms, they are "passive"....
roll down the driver's window from inside.
exit and lock the door with the power lock switch.
close the door.
From outside, pull up the lock button and open with the outside door handle or reach inside and open with the inside handle. (dont use the power door lock button)

If it has an alarm and it is working properly the horn will honk.
shut it off by operating the regular door key.
I've never seen a factory Ford siren.

I dont think they put alarms on many Broncos. When I bought a 94 I dont recall it being an option. The keyless was IMSC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts