Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Base Truck 1994 F-150 2wd ext cab short bed
Engine 5.8L (351W) V-8
Engine Mods Ford Motorsports mass air conversion, Edelbrock intake manifold and 61mm throttle body, Bassani equal length headers and y-pipe
Front Suspension Custom Camburg Beams with heim radius arms, Camburg coil buckets, SAW 2.5 x 10" shocks, 6" lift coil springs
Rear Suspension Deaver 2.5" leaf springs, Camburg extended shackles Bilstein 5100 shocks
Drivetrain Transwerks Race C-6 (manual reverse valvebody), TCI billet 1800 stall converter, 4.56 gears, Detroit Locker
Tires/Wheels BFG 35-12.50-15 tires & Procomp 15x8 rims
Other Four Hella Rallye 4000 lights on custom lightbar, three Beard Super seats, Kenwood race radio, Lowrance Globalmap 3200 GPS, Hella 530 dustlights, Momo steering wheel
Future Fully caged front to rear with equal length beams and links to race MDR 1400/1450 in 2005

How can you get an E4OD-equipped truck to use a C6 as far as electronics goes?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Either put in a non-e4od ECM or just swap out the trans and deal with the CEL. From what we've gathered on here it won't affect performance just throw a few trans codes. But with a non-e4od ECM no codes, no problem.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
I have a c6 in mine, but I also rid my truck of al electronics. But you don't need an electronic trans, like Rob said it will just throw a few codes. It will not effect the perf at all the speed sensor is in the rear not the trans.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmmmmmmm, You can yell at me to search but... What kind of work to physically bolt that in? X-member etc. Or is there a link anyone discussed this before?

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,888 Posts
pre-Prerunner said:
Ford Motorsports mass air conversion
That's how! They had to swap over to a different computer anyways.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
pre-Prerunner said:
Hmmmmmmmmm, You can yell at me to search but... What kind of work to physically bolt that in? X-member etc. Or is there a link anyone discussed this before?

there aint nothin that cant be done without some time money and a few good tools. Im sure it took some cross member mods..and a diffrent driveshaft.

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,888 Posts
Sh*t just put in the earlier crossmember.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts