Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As said in the title, how capable is a stock bronco with open diffs. I have BFG A/Ts on it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
my advise is dont go in any serious mud, those tires arent the best of mud at all.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea but i'm just kinda of worried to do anything in it with an open diff.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
honestly.... if you havn't off-roaded much, a stock bronco is capable enough to take you places you won't feel comfortable with.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
broncoorboat said:
As said in the title, how capable is a stock bronco with open diffs. I have BFG A/Ts on it.
How exactly are we supposed to answer that question? I mean there isn't a capability scale or anything. It depends on the terrain and driver. I've seen people take stock trucks down trails locked and lifted trucks had problems.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm not looking for like exactly how deep just kind of an idea on how much it can take.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and going with this thread does anyone know of a local place to wheel I'm in the Reading Lancaster area.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
hmm, too low, too wide, too heavy, too much sheetmetal. all bad things when you are doing real wheeling. driving down a fire road to the local water hole doesn't count as wheeling.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
broncos&bombs said:
:slap depends on the driver

like i said. :stupid

my dad drove an 86 2wd gmc, 305 all stock. his employee drove a 88 blazer 4wd, 350, 33x12.50x15's, lockers ect. k5 get stuck, dad comes in with pappa(the trucks name was pappa smurf, named by my sister) hooks up and pulls him out. my dad is a forester, been in the woods more than he has been out of the woods. he drove that 2wd better than most guys drove their 4wd's, through some deep shit to.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Bring it to PAP or Rausch Creek on our next trip and find out.

Andy351 said:
hmm, too low, too wide, too heavy, too much sheetmetal. all bad things when you are doing real wheeling. driving down a fire road to the local water hole doesn't count as wheeling.
It might to some people. :shrug

1 - 20 of 46 Posts