Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

how capable is a stock bronco

5K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  JD_Bronco 
#1 ·
As said in the title, how capable is a stock bronco with open diffs. I have BFG A/Ts on it.

#5 ·
broncoorboat said:
As said in the title, how capable is a stock bronco with open diffs. I have BFG A/Ts on it.
How exactly are we supposed to answer that question? I mean there isn't a capability scale or anything. It depends on the terrain and driver. I've seen people take stock trucks down trails locked and lifted trucks had problems.

#8 ·
i'm not looking for like exactly how deep just kind of an idea on how much it can take.

#14 ·
and going with this thread does anyone know of a local place to wheel I'm in the Reading Lancaster area.

#19 ·
broncos&bombs said:
:slap depends on the driver

like i said. :stupid

my dad drove an 86 2wd gmc, 305 all stock. his employee drove a 88 blazer 4wd, 350, 33x12.50x15's, lockers ect. k5 get stuck, dad comes in with pappa(the trucks name was pappa smurf, named by my sister) hooks up and pulls him out. my dad is a forester, been in the woods more than he has been out of the woods. he drove that 2wd better than most guys drove their 4wd's, through some deep shit to.

#21 ·
thanks i might just do that. You shure you won't mind a stock bronco running with you guys

#23 · (Edited)
Stock is pretty capable of a lot of things. Of course you wont go crawling on rocks like the AZ and CA guys, but its still capable and will suprise the hell out of ya.

For instance, these pics are of my bronco at hot springs, arkansas. 1990 bronco, 302 with 32" buckshot mudders. Everything is stock except for the tires, and that run was even on factory old shocks. That was a level 3 trail.

Attachments

#25 ·
I took a stock BKO with 32 AT's on every trail we hit at RITS...never had a tow strap attached...learn to DRIVE not just point the truck...you will be pleasantly surprised

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.