Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
not banned
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having recurrent, undesired, calls come in on my cell phone.. I use Sprint. The customer service rep indicates that they can not block a call for me.

Does this seem right?

Does anyoen know a way to do it?

thanks.
mj

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
What kind of calls are they? Solicitors? Cause you can register at the "Do Not Call Registry" (google it I can't find the link) and that will stop that crap. If it's just someone you don't wanna talk to, just don't answer any calls from numbers you don't know. I don't think that there is any way to block a call.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
What kind of calls are they? Solicitors? Cause you can register at the "Do Not Call Registry" (google it I can't find the link) and that will stop that crap. If it's just someone you don't wanna talk to, just don't answer any calls from numbers you don't know. I don't think that there is any way to block a call.
telemarketers are not supposed to call a cell phone. if they do, just tell them they called your cell phone and they will hang up.

I used to do it all the time on my home phone :toothless

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Tell them you know where they live and you're coming to kill them. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
post the phone number on pirates and let them take care of it for you

·
Registered
593 Posts
answer the phone, ''John's place, can i take your order?"
(or make up a name of a place)

they'll think its a buisness, and/or the wrong number. then they
should stop calling. thats what we do at our house and what i do
on my cell phone if its random people..

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
its a wrong number, but its at terribly late hours and recurent.
1. Save the number to your phone book

2. Go to "Edit Contact", however you get to it on your phone

3. Go to "Set Ringer" hit okay

4. Set ringer to "none"

Phone doesn't ring when they call.

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
1. Save the number to your phone book

2. Go to "Edit Contact", however you get to it on your phone

3. Go to "Set Ringer" hit okay

4. Set ringer to "none"

Phone doesn't ring when they call.
I was gonna say the same thing. you cannot block individual #'s, you can block your number from being displayed when making calls *67 before you dial but that's all I know. I'm sure there is a * number you can dial after this call comes in to report it as harassing or whatever liek the regular home phone lines, I don't recall what that is either, but I don't have a home phone either just my cell. Freakin Sprint/Nextel sucks in my opinion but what can ya do huh when your stuck in a contract and I'm kinda partial to my i580

·
Yar
1,440 Posts
next time they call tell them your going to get a restraining order and if they call again it is vialation of the restraining order, and they will be picked up by the cops

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
All ya had to do was ask me nicely...damn, I'll leave ya alone already...:brownbag

Hehehe...seriously I'd do what Rob suggested.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
you keep getting death threats from that number. Phone companies by law are required to block any phone number that you recive on your phone if harrassed in any way. Though the worse you make it sound, the more on their toes they'll be to block it.

Simply put, if the phone company doesnt block the number of which you're being harrassed by, they are in default of their end of the contract. Then you can leave their company and get a better service. Pain the in ass but thats for the hardcore people who wont stand for anything and love to argue, like me!

·
Gear Driven!!
1,280 Posts
answer the phone, ''John's place, can i take your order?"
(or make up a name of a place)

they'll think its a buisness, and/or the wrong number. then they
should stop calling. thats what we do at our house and what i do
on my cell phone if its random people..
I do stupid shit like that all the time..My favorite line is.....

"Dick's Hot Dog's,you like our Hot Dog's,you'll love our Dick's" :rofl:

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
you keep getting death threats from that number. Phone companies by law are required to block any phone number that you recive on your phone if harrassed in any way. Though the worse you make it sound, the more on their toes they'll be to block it.

Simply put, if the phone company doesnt block the number of which you're being harrassed by, they are in default of their end of the contract. Then you can leave their company and get a better service. Pain the in ass but thats for the hardcore people who wont stand for anything and love to argue, like me!
You're thinking of a landline, not a cell phone.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
do they call and harass you or anything or are they just dumb? if they harass you i agree with jopes.
Never been on Pirate before huh?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts