Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi, Welcome to fullsizebronco.com

Firstly here's a link that outlines how to use the search feature most efficiently. There's tons and tons of info on this site, and this is one question that pops up a few times a week.

Search Tutorial

Luckily, you can score a really good 3 inch tailpipe really cheap.
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73684&highlight=mandrel+cheap
Throw on a cheap loud muffler and you're set to go.

The tailpipe on it's own wont give you any MPG increase. The main restriction on our exhaust system is the y-pipe.

If you search "y pipe" "y-pipe", etc you'll get tons of info.
Bassani seems to be the most popular.

You can also make your own y pipe, check out what this guy made:
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114224

Also, search for "ignition upgrade". The infamous "sixlitre tuneup" pays for itself in no time.

:beer

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
lol

btw glass packs aren't that loud if you just replace the stock muffler with one.

But then again I have both my cats. Its a very mellow rumble just slightly more then stock.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
lol

btw glass packs aren't that loud if you just replace the stock muffler with one.

But then again I have both my cats. Its a very mellow rumble just slightly more then stock.
Guess it depends on your definition of loud. I had a single glasspack on mine with stock cats and it was a good, cheap loud. Now I replaced both cats with on high flow, and a glasspack and it sounds pretty good.

But I am going for a super 44 soon.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Just unbolt the headers. Or if you want to do a lil' more work, run zoomies straight thru the hood and (break windsheild) straight into the cab. If thats still not enough, you can record a lound exhaust and then play it back through your stereo. :rockon :rofl:

EDIT: :toothless

I'm bored...IBTL :toothless
Seriously...just straight pipe it...

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
hemi????????

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
flowmaster 40 get rid of the cats

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
Take JP5 Fuel and put that in your tank you should get more power and speed plus a good nice sound

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.