Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when I really got evolved here I had no cred. Maybe I have a little now. Would it be beneficial to post/move my threads I to the builds area? Meinsk?

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back when I really got evolved here I had no cred. Maybe I have a little now. Would it be beneficial to post/move my threads I to the builds area? Meinsk?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,071 Posts
2 threads, same topic, both in the wrong section?!?
C'Mon man. I know you know better by now. What kind of example are you setting for the children? 😈

@miesk5 or @BigBlue 94 or @schwim or... any other moderator or administrator can move a thread for you.
Can also deleted both of these for you, if you ask nicely.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,365 Posts
I'm not sure if we can move specific posts, but we can move and merge complete threads.

Reactions: miesk5

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
Yo D,
As BigBlue 94 advised and give us the URL(s) of The thread(s) to be moved to "78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only" section.
I went through twelve pages of you most recent posts using advanced search, however I couldnt find candidate threads.
Al

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
Yo D,
You're most welcome!
Am ready, willing and always doing things that are legal!😎

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yo D,
You're most welcome!
Am ready, willing and always doing things that are legal!😎

LOL! Well, I've been known to run with scissors....

Should I just copy/pasted the tittles here & list by forum?

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
Yo D,
just copy the url and post them here

Such as thus thread's

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope this is OK-

End

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
Yo D,

As BigBlue 94 advised on moving a specific post(s) by you it isn't feasible, but we can move and merge complete threads started by you.

Redwagon wrote in 78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only Introduction, "Please keep all threads/posts to actual restore / build items".
A typical Build thread similar to "78 Ranger XLT called Yeti" is an example of a Build thread that includes a narrative and pics, such as for example, "Also ensure piston cooling nozzles are present for each piston! This is key or you will burn your pistons very quickly!" OP posted a pic showing the nozzles.

For instance, in "sealing up bronco tailgate" thread started by 79broncoowner; it can be done by you by copying and pasting it in to New Build thread that you can start.
Here is your post;
"I agree with Bmom- check all your seals around the T gate for sealness. Is that a word? You may choose to ride in the back to listen for the wind noise. On the cheap, use a long funnel, pointy end near the glass, wide end near your ear to hear the sound and listen everywhere. Use blue masking tape to mark where you hear the most noise. Then try your weather strip, etc. Remember- these old trucks are not modern vehicles and they make lots of noise. Hope this helps."
Some may question whether this should be part of a Build thread, but after some editing by you, such as adding pics of the weather strip where the noise emanates and how it was eliminated it could be included.

Same for this thread you started, "New China or Used OE Body Panels". However, to be in the Build thread, I feel readers would expect to see pics and nareative of a panel installation.

Ditto for What did you do to your bronco today? It's a copy and paste, but I ran out of time last night looking for any of your follow-up posts.

In your thread "Superlift Adjustable Drag Link", your question isn't answered. If you wrote about installing it and any issues you had plus pics, it would qualify to be in the Build.

In "what did you do to your bronco today?" thread, you wrote, "I ordered cargo, kick panel and tailgate carpet for my 78. I'll post pic of the installation", however I couldn't find the pic, nor the installation narrative.

Hope you understand.
I will try to go though all the others you posted, but we're getting attacked daily from bots, scammers and the usual virus spreaders plus many PMs.
All

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, M5. Yes, agree, I'd like to have it like Yeti or Hcodi' builds. I know I sent a lot.

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
Yo,
A good one with pics and morenarrative could be your "Holley Sniper EFI Update!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As I was going through looking for posts, I was thinking so may not be there. Either I missed them or maybe was seeing the replies. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
Yo D,
I went through the 10 pages of your posts yesterday looking for candidate moves to Build section, but didnt luck out.
Will look through your list again tomorrow,
I had to go outside and again now to help my much better half.
Let me know if you find any.

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
Yo D,
How about beginning your Build Thread with:

Desert Bronc
[IMG alt="Desert Bronco"]https://www.fullsizebronco.com/d2/avatars/m/57/57591.jpg?1583177401[/IMG]

I mounted the PS and Trans coolers is got from a early 2000s E450 bus from the JY. I was able to use the OE mounts on the TC. Just need to finish running the lines and add a few shields. One of the pix is the original trans cooler.
Attachments

Last night I installed my KC Cyclone under hood light kit.
They are LED KC kit PN 355. Comes with 2 lights and a harness and switch. I used the original wire for the factory under hood light and fished the wires through the hood reinforcements
Attachments

Started installing my cargo lights. I had started a new thread a couple months ago but can't find it. I'll finish it tonight.
Attachments
20200330_154649.jpg

Continued on next page due to number of pic violation

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
Yo D,

Today I finished the install of the E450 Trans and PS coolers on my '78.
Attachments
20200404_103643.jpg
20200404_103643.jpg

3.4 MBViews: 15
20200404_110525.jpg

I swapped my straight plug wires to 45° and rerouted below the valve covers. Still need to get some wire separators. Just me but I like it better than the spiders on top.:
Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
And;
I pulled the top off last night to start my next project of recoating the roof. Pulled the windows out first to reduce the weight and so the top wouldn't move around on the floor while doing so. I have new window seals from Dennis Carpenter for when I reinstall them. Today's goal is to prep and coat the inside.
Attachments
, I sanded the roof and inside with 80 grit on a DA. It's not smooth but rough enough for the Raptor liner to stick. I sprayed @ 20 PSI which gives it a very fine pebble texture very similar to the factory. It's body color based on the paint shop using some $5K camera to match the paint. I got the inside done today. About 9 hours of removing the old weather strip, sanding, washing then the coating. Thursday morning I'll spray the outside. I've never sprayed before but so far I like it. If zoom in on one of the pix you can see the texture.

Attachments
Here it is drying after pressure washing it after sanding etc. The brown doors and fenders are my next bit project. Dent and rust free originals.
Attachments
  • 20191123_113841.jpg
  • Attachments
    • 20191123_103037.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts