Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm curioius. I've been poking around my 91 bronco with some of the interior removed and i've got two old paint colors that I find constantly. Silver and red. I know that 1991 was the year that Ford put out the silver anniversary edition and I know that most I've seen were red.

The previous owners have repainted this truck more than once so I'm not sure what the original color was, and all the badges have been removed at one point. Can anyone help me figure out what I should look for to determine if I've got a hidden Silver anniversary edition under all the cammo paint.

I've decoded my VIN and that wasn't very helpful, except for the last six digits which are A51095. I can't find anything on those. Any one who knows would be great!

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
Hey all,

I'm curioius. I've been poking around my 91 bronco with some of the interior removed and i've got two old paint colors that I find constantly. Silver and red. I know that 1991 was the year that Ford put out the silver anniversary edition and I know that most I've seen were red.

The previous owners have repainted this truck more than once so I'm not sure what the original color was, and all the badges have been removed at one point. Can anyone help me figure out what I should look for to determine if I've got a hidden Silver anniversary edition under all the cammo paint.

I've decoded my VIN and that wasn't very helpful, except for the last six digits which are A51095. I can't find anything on those. Any one who knows would be great!

Thanks in advance.

ford used to give away build sheet info based on VINs but they stopped. now you can order them for $40 or so.

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
VIN isn't going to directly identify it as an SA....that would come thru dealer or Ford records.

If the interior isn't changed Should be a gray leather seat with red trim.
Red carpet.
They were all red exterior paint.
Bumpers had red pads.
Round emblem on B pillar and badge on front fender below "BRONCO".
Well HERE...have a look at a closed Ebay auction. Wheels aren't original.
Take a look at the door panels. They are different from the std issue 87-91 with cloth inserts. Those are different in design and material.
They also had a special head on their keys and I believe the owners manual wallet was red (leather?)

·
Bronco Snob
2,306 Posts
It must just be my diseased mind, but I thought there was a leather jacket and duffle bag for the silver anniversary edition. Dont find anything with a search. Must have been Eddie Bauer. :shrug

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
It must just be my diseased mind, but I thought there was a leather jacket and duffle bag for the silver anniversary edition. Dont find anything with a search. Must have been Eddie Bauer. :shrug
No, your ok. I have seen the leather jackets, duffel bag, red pen, red spare tire cover on Ebay and such. Bring good money .

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Well, I wasn't aware of those until now; but I'm still not sure I'd call 2 shades of gray, or gray & black, "2-tone". Even a Taurus has several shades of tan in its tan interior, and some black trim parts. That's not 2-tone. The SA Bronco interior is unequivocally 2-tone.:duh :doh0715: :thumbup
How bout 50 shades of gray?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys,

after all the great info.

I think after poking around that I probably just have a normal XLT. Like you all said, the interior is probably the biggest giveaway.

Here's a shot of the normal Grey interior and the door sticker.

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Is that interior spare tire mount a home made job? Looks like the PO mounted it in the wrong spot

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts