Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 with a 351 and a c6. What t-case came with this combo? If there was more then one how do I tell what it is. I searched but what I saw there was two choices but didnt see how to tell the two apart.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it actually still had the tag intact. I have the bw 1356. It says this is the heavy duty one. But can tell me anymore about it. Some known problems. Maybe some things i need to look out for?

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
well it actually still had the tag intact. I have the bw 1356. It says this is the heavy duty one. But can tell me anymore about it. Some known problems. Maybe some things i need to look out for?
It says "heavy duty" on it? Does it have a PTO cover?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no in the t case section of this forum. Steve83 posted listing of the t cases. And himself or wherever he got his info from said it was heavy duty. It does not say that on the case.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Yeah, the BW1356 is a heavy duty transfer case, in that, it's pretty heavy duty. It went behind every powertrain combo including the Powerstrokes. At least that's probably what Steve meant that it was capable of handling up to ~500ft lbs of torque.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is it hard to rebuild transfer cases? I want to go ahead and refresh my tranny and tcase? I imagine the tranny is going to be a bit of a task but i imagine i can handle it. But I really dont have a clue about t-case's

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts