Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The receiving end was cut so there was no female end, that came off easy enough but the left side strap, the male end is still attached. How the heck do u take that off? It won't slide off the strap, and the L bracket that mounts to the underside of the seat, the angle won't let it pass thru the hole going the other way... Am I gonna have to cut it? I'm ok with that if I have to because it's disgusting... Who needs a rear middle belt anyway :shrug

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not one of the 35 of yas that have looked at this has any idea?

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
731 Posts
I’ll check mine out in the morning, I’m at work all night with my Super Duty, not my fullsize

·
Registered
2 Posts
Middle seat belt is latched and i dont see a button to release. Use a key and insert it into the slot on the left clip. It will release from the set and then you can tuck the whole strap into the ceiling.

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,231 Posts
Star Bit & Rachet or Breaker Bar

Unbolt

Twist

Pull thru - (Gently)

Viola

Later,
Dragon

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
731 Posts
Dragon beat me to it, but looks like if you twist it around until you find the right angle the L bracket should come out the top

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Middle seat belt is latched and i dont see a button to release. Use a key and insert it into the slot on the left clip. It will release from the set and then you can tuck the whole strap into the ceiling.
Hey @Arglebargle wouldn't u have to have ceiling mounted seatbelts to do that? This is a lap belt.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried twisting every which way with no luck :frown2 of course it just wants to be difficult : madder thanks for the input guys :thumbup

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,494 Posts
As a mechanic and diagnostic tech, I've run into more engineering 'finger puzzles than you can shake a stick at. And each one has to go back together, no matter what. So when I see you struggling with this, I empathize, I honestly do, but it just begs the question: why haven't you sliced that belt? If it's oldy, moldy, grody, get rid of it in the fastest way possible.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As a mechanic and diagnostic tech, I've run into more engineering 'finger puzzles than you can shake a stick at. And each one has to go back together, no matter what. So when I see you struggling with this, I empathize, I honestly do, but it just begs the question: why haven't you sliced that belt? If it's oldy, moldy, grody, get rid of it in the fastest way possible.
Lol... I did @Handy_andy_cv64 I just like to figure out how things work... For future frustration :grin2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts