Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying a 1973-79 F250 Highboy to use as my primary wheeling rig to spare my daily driver. Im trying to figure out how i can cheapest insure this new vehicle. It will need to have at least minimum insurance to be able to get it to the trails and back.

Several people have recomended keeping it classified as a "recreational" vehicle which would apparently have a lower cost, but my insurer (state farm) apparently no longer offers this...

The other idea that our agent mentioned but didnt know the details of is a "seasonal" vehicle, meaning its only insured 6 months out of the year...Im not to thrilled about only having use of the truck for 1/2 the year, but i figure if it keeps the cost down. Plus 6 months from now i would hopefully be in a better position to pay for another full time coverage. Because it is not a strictly "offroad only" truck i wouldnt really want to have to trailer it every time.

How are some ways yall keep the cost down on the insurance for your?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Smith and Wesson...:thumbup

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have mine insured with Allstate.
It has comprehensive always so if it gets stolen or whatever it is always covered. When not using I call and suspend the insurance. This only suspends the liability coverage but keeps the comprehensive active. When I know I am going wheeling I call and activate the insurance. You are suposed to have 30 days in between but my agent doesn't care. This is the cheapest way I know of to insure it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am only paying $25 a month for full coverage with $250 deductible. I drive it just about every day, but it would not be different as a wheeling rig, seeing as it is driven to and from the playground. This is through USAA.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
cheapest i can find so far is $125 a month.. cheaper to insure as recreational vehicle?

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
I am only paying $25 a month for full coverage with $250 deductible. I drive it just about every day, but it would not be different as a wheeling rig, seeing as it is driven to and from the playground. This is through USAA.
You can't beat USAA-for god sakes they send you a check at the end of the year if they made a profit!

·
Registered
72 Posts
yes but not everyone can get USAA, after i got out the corps i couldnt get insurance because i wasnt active still. I had my 74 highboy insured for 44 for full coverage from allstate, and it also depends on your driving record. Where you live, how many miles you put on it per year.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
$666 is my latest 6 month quote from Vern Fonk LOL

ive been driving for 2 and a half years and no record at all.. still cant get below $100 a month

1 - 10 of 10 Posts