Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day is was foggy here and I couls see the beams comming off the headlights, Well the drivers side goes slightly up and stright, the pass. side goes hard left and also up. Sp the beams merg about 3 feet out and above the hood :)

Whats the best method for getting them pointing in the right direction? They are very bright and it's hard to tell where they are pointing on a wall or some such object. I've seen the tools sold for headlights but I woudl think they would only work on sealed beam types.

'94 5.0l Bronco

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just cover one than adjust the other light so it puts the most light on the road where you look at the road from the drivers seat, for me it is about 50 feet than cover the other light and do the same.
you want just adjust them so they light the road the the best you can but not be just right in front of the truck you want to see what is coming

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I like them pointing so I can see the monkeys in the trees. :rockon

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
i just use the jedi mind powers...
but that usually leads to one being bright and the other being a little bit dimmer- i think i put one of the bulbs in sideways... it shines on the curb real nice though...
im really no help in this topic:brownbag
ace

·
3,420 Posts
if i replace a bulb i just park in an empty parking lot at night and adjust the lights until i get the pattern i'm going for. i did the same thing with the driving lights in my bumper. not real scientific, but it works

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
I don't bother, my core support is shot, i have autoaiming headlights.

If you buy a Haynes or Chilton's manual, there is a complete write-up on how to do it correctly.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Zach94 said:
if i replace a bulb i just park in an empty parking lot at night and adjust the lights until i get the pattern i'm going for. i did the same thing with the driving lights in my bumper. not real scientific, but it works
I keep my low beams set so they project a hot spot on level pavement about 100-150' out in front of me, and at that range the hot spot reaches no higher than maybe 1.5' above ground. On high beams it gives me good hot spots at around 250-350' including up to about 4' off the ground, great for higher speed driving. Aimed any higher, the high beams don't do you any good anyway, and you start to get into the realm where you're blinding other drivers with your lows without improving your vision any ...

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
or you could just pop them in and drive. thats what i do... and i can see... but i might just have the "easyrider headlight" edition bronco... its rare
ace

·
Registered
634 Posts
If your headlights have "nubs" on them, then the cheapie tools will work. I have one, and it works well. I have pics of the nubs and the tool if you need to see what I mean.

Will

1 - 13 of 13 Posts