Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly apologies since I assume this has been addressed already, but I tried searching and could not find anything.

I will admit my participation on FSB has been very low and mostly absent for the past few months. 2 reasons, I have not done much with my full size Broncos recently AND I have not taken the time to get familiar with this new forum format. One thing that's been the killer of my enthusiasm for checking out this site is that I can't tell if I've posted on thread. On forum visits I usually scan for new activity on threads I've commented on. All the other forums I frequent (and this one previously) had some sort of indicator of this on threads I want to follow. A small dot, a small avatar or some indication that I've read and commented on a thread. What am I missing on this new forum?? Am I overlooking something? I hope it's just something simple I have not figured out.

Thanks for straightening me out!!

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,351 Posts
You have the option of following a thread if you want to keep up with it. At the top right you will see the follow button. This will let you know of any new activity whether you have commented or not.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,351 Posts
I'll try that. Thanks. But no indicator to specifically show the threads you've commented on? I see the bold/no bold title that shows new activity (bold) and that I've read the thread (no bold).
Not that I have found.

If someone quotes you or tags you, you will receive an alert about that activity. I don't think there is anything that flags a post that you have commented on that has new activity. I just follow all the threads that I want to hear replies on. After a while if I loose interest in the thread I just unfollow it.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
All the other forums I frequent (and this one previously) had some sort of indicator of this on threads I want to follow. A small dot, a small avatar or some indication that I've read and commented on a thread. What am I missing on this new forum?? Am I overlooking something? I hope it's just something simple I have not figured out.
I don't know about an indicator on threads you've commented on, but to see all you have commented on, or replied to, click on your avatar in the top right hand corner, then click on My Profile, then on the number under Replies which will take you to all your replies, or whatever record this new program has of them.

Don't know if this helps, but there's not a lot simple in this new setup as far as I'm concerned, except me maybe.

I would like to know if there's a way to find threads I or anyone else has started. I can't figure that one out.

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every other forum I'm on (and this one before the change) has an indicator on the thread menu for letting you know you've replied. Maybe others don't find this useful or necessary, but it totally ruins my browsing experience here. I'm thinking maybe it's a feature that the admins have not turned on?

Has no one else complained about this?

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,663 Posts
You could try this out and it's what I do sometimes to find something I've posted on, but I'm not "following". I'm on PC, so this is how I do it anyway, mobile may be different.

Click on the "NEW" bubble on the top right of the page. It shows threads that have a new post since the last time you've visited the thread.

On that page click on "Filters" right under where it says "New Posts" on the left hand side and that will open up a drop down box.

Then click and uncheck the box that says "Unread discussions", because you may be looking for a thread that you've commented on, but nothing new has been posted.

Then click and check the box for "Discussions in which you're participated". Then click the "Filter" button on the bottom of the drop down box.

That should show all the threads you've commented on. The only issue I've found is that it doesn't show everything you've commented on since the beginning of time. It only goes so far back and I'm not sure how far back that is.

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks @Doosenberry!

OK, got this figured out - sorta!

If you go into your profile (account settings) and select preferences there is selection for "Automatically watch content you create." If you check that box then whenever you post to a thread the "follow" icon (eyeball) will show up automatically. This will work for going forward but I don't think it's retroactive for replies I did before the forum software change.

I do think the software probably has the ability to automatically indicate the threads someone replies to - different than automatically following - because the this software is the same as another forum I'm on which has this feature: Forum Software by XenForo (see the bottom of this page). On that forum if you reply to a thread a small version of your avatar appears in the bottom right corner of the author's avatar.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,663 Posts
It looks like another way of doing what I posted is to go to "Following" when you click on your avatar. Then when that page loads you can click on the tab that says "Participated Discussions". Looks like that shows the same kind of list that the filtered search does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts