Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How high can you lift the front end of a '96 fullsize before it comes un-alignable? I'm looking at getting polyurethane coile spacers to level the front end with the back.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
The tallest lift mass-produced for a TTB is a Skyjacker 8". However, I *think* you're asking how much taller spring can you install without installing TTB drop brackets. That'd be 1.5"-2", as in a "leveling coil". You can align these with different (than stock) camber bushings.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Get the leveling coils.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I dont want to have to buy drop brackets. I just want it level. How bad would a 2" leveling spacer cause my ttb to move? Bad enough to wear the tires un-evenly untill I can get it to a shop to have it aligned?

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Yes I dont want to have to buy drop brackets. I just want it level. How bad would a 2" leveling spacer cause my ttb to move? Bad enough to wear the tires un-evenly untill I can get it to a shop to have it aligned?
That kinda depends on how much you drive. But yeah, I wouldn't go more than a week or so without an alignment.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It wouldnt hurt the realine it but you dont have to.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Here's mine with 6" drop brackets and 8" coils. (I.E. coils 2" longer than the drop brackets) Yours probably won't be this bad, but it'll be close.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats not too bad I guess. Damn Ford. Why did you curse us with TTB?

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
TTB is awesome, it's people that dont want to spend money to do the lift correctly that are the problem.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I could afford it, I'd do a SAS and that'd be the end of it lol. :toothless

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
TTB is awesome, it's people that dont want to spend money to do the lift correctly that are the problem.
I am glad there is another person in the world who realizes that.

And skip the spacers and get leveling coils. 50/50 shot it will align. Mine did just fine. Some dont

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yea I bought the leveling coils from broncograveyard they came with a camber/casting bushing for the alighnment, passenger side did fine, but I had to order another bushing for the driverside, it was like 2.75* and the bushing only went to 2.50*

·
Registered
108 Posts
ive had leveling coils on mine for over 6 months, it doesnt align correctly but the tires havent worn too bad. I have the bushings just havent had the cash to have them put in or the time to attempt it myself then hobble to the alignment shop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts