Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
wanna suck my
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well, I have a sight problem with getting up in the morning. :toothless Espally when i got to school full time and work 40+ a week. :banghead So i just orderd a new alarm clock off the net. its called the Sonic Boom Alarm Clock Its sapposed to go off at 113db. And im just wondering do you think think this would wake me up?

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
that is louder than the horn in my car. if that don't wake you up, not sure what will.

·
Registered
402 Posts
According to that decibel chart, it's ok-ish as long as you only hear it for 15 mins or less. lmao

It's louder than a motorcycle and a rock concert... I'd warn the neighbors...

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
I have the vibrator version seriously, goes in my Batman underoos.

Fixed that for ya. :goodfinge

Noise levels are nothing to F with.

I have moderate loss from younger days of working punch presses with no protection.
Know people with sever hearing loss and Tinnitus.

I'd go with a vibration function over decibels.

·
wanna suck my
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet, So if i put this out of my friends window it would wake him up and prolly make him shit his pants?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
113db is ****ing loud in your bedroom. :shocked

I hope there's a volume control on that... you'll definitely regret having bought that.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
i've never had a waking up problem.. but i got an rca one a few years ago that starts quiet and graudualy beeps louder i've been downstairs when it went off before and you can hear it from a long ways away once it gets ramped up.... 113dB would be starting my day off startled and on the wrong foot

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
You don't need a 113db alarm clock...you need some self-discipline, slacker. :goodfinge :toothless

·
Registered
465 Posts
I dont think he really needs to worry about hearing loss but more along the lines of a fawkin heart attack. The alarm on my damn cell phone is what wakes me up and some times that scares me, let alone 113db.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
I have the vibrator version seriously, goes under my pillow.
I cant help but laugh at that.
:stupid :rofl: :histerica

zippo, I wouldn't recommend that you use that thing. 113dB over a long period of time is going to feck up your hearing, even if it is just for a few minutes each morning. You need to get to sleep earlier, exercise regularly, something else. I have a similar problem as yours, and I've tried a whole bunch of different things to get myself to wake up easier. The only thing that's worked for me is exercising the evening before; I get very deep sleep and wake up very refreshed.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have a hard time waking up, too... maybe I should look into a clock radio like that.
But 113db isn't that bad... there stereo in my car is about 130-135db, I play it often and my hearing is great.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
I have a hard time waking up, too... maybe I should look into a clock radio like that.
But 113db isn't that bad... there stereo in my car is about 130-135db, I play it often and my hearing is great.
not for long my fine young friend. you need to think about how well you would like to hear when you are in your 30s.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts