Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
with the amount of lift on that leaf sprung vehicle,it looks like it needs to have cross-over steering.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
thats is a rolling chassis 1984 bronco i beleive with a 460, dana 60 and a 14 bolt if i remember right, looks good other wise, and i hope that it was used for mock up only, and wast his planned steering. but seeing as how it is still a rolling chassis i beleive that it wasnt ment to stay

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
:lolup imagine the pressure on that thing just sitting there ... looks like he had to bend it up to bolt it on ... sad thing

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
RaisedIIPerfection said:
with the amount of lift on that leaf sprung vehicle,it looks like it needs to have cross-over steering.
What do you think that is? "Crossover" steering means the drag link crosses over to the other side, ie, not a J-arm.

That's also the smallest 60 I've ever seen... looks more like a D44... or maybe a D30. :D

Check out the "skid plate" on the rear axle. Holy rock-catcher, Batman.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
No front d/s. Looks like a show truck, altho there doesn't seem to be enough chrome

·
Registered
918 Posts
for the "cross-over" steering,doesnt it alleviate(sp) the draglink steering angle?Thats why you see many superduties with big lifts having crossover steering...Thats what i was told by ORU when we lifted our excursion

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what ORU was describing, so I can't tell you for sure.

"True" crossover would have slightly less of an angle than the y-link setups that Ford used on F350s and SuperDuties... but most Fords can't run crossover because of the pass leaf being in the way. That's why I'm running a high steer arm on that side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts