Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 inch Superlift on my 96 bronco and wanted to replace my stock rear leaf springs. I have 2 1/2 inch blocks and an add a leaf but I want to go with just leaf springs to eliminate any axle wrap up. How many inches of lift from just leaf springs do I need?

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
I'd dump the blocks and add-a-leaf, keep the stock springs and just put a Sky shackle flip on it. Cheaper than springs and easy enough to install, IIRC mine was $150 shipped. Should put you level with a 6" lift already on the front.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
When I lifted mine to 6" I did a shackle flip with the Sky bracket and used a set of Superlift rear leafs for a 6" lift. I wanted the extra 2 1/2" extra height that I ended up with at the rear because there are frequent times when I haul a ton of stuff in the back.

FYI- Leaf srpings for a 6" lift only give about 4" of lift at the rear.

Also, I personally would not reccomend the Superlift springs. Mine have already settled to the point that I'm going to put on extended shackles to get back the height that I've lost over the last year.

There's another thread talking about the rear leafs for some more opinions.

~CLICK~

Here's a pic of mine with a set of rear leafs for a 6" lift and the shackle flip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts