Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm sorry to say it but i'm from Ia. Down south near a tiny little dirt town called Lineville on Hwy 65. I live west of town, about 3/4 mile from Mo.. Ive worked up in your area digging in rural water lines, mostly in the story city to eldora area. Buried the water line in 50% pig shit. Thats the stankenest part of the world when they spread the crap on the fields. Driving up I 35 you hit the stank 10 to 15 miles south of story city. Theres no way in hell that can be healthy for the locals that have to breath that air day in and day out. If they ever get around to produceing methane from all that crap to fuel your average car or truck you will never have to worry about a fuel shortage. I'm sorry if that sounded like a rant but you have to agree that the factory hog production has gotten out of hand. Putting all that aside have you ever done business with Quick performance just north of ames? I had a 9" rear narrowed and some Mosier axles fitted there about 3 years ago for my 68 Mustang. They do a good job and the prices are not bad either. If anybody ever needs a 9" housing this guy's got hundreds of them piled up. I have 105 acres were I live that I drive around on when I get bored, but the same old trails get old after awhile. A friends uncle has 500 acres that we get together and do some trail driving on but haven't done that for maybe 3 of 4 years. The one thing nice about this area is that we have hills and timber to trail on other than that this area sucks. Over the past few years the big thing is to race 4/4s in mud bog contests and someday I plan to try that out myself,sounds like somthing fun and different.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know exactly where thats at. My wifes from Seymour...and my grandparents live down their. My wifes dad does dirt work down their...Dennis Inman ring a bell???

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am from Cedar Rapids and I tell ya I wish that we had as much land that I was wheeling on in Texas for the summer. I was wondering if you all have a tailgate for a 89 eb that I could buy I would like it to have the heated window. If you have these parts please call me at 319-365-0964 Thanks for your time. Maybe we all can get together this summer and due some wheeling I think that it would be fun. :rockon :rebelflag :beer

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Now,now I know y'all know about class B roads. You know, the ones with warning signs at the ends and bushes growing down the middle. Get a county map, and you will see them, they're the ones that don't show up on any other maps. My rig's too beat up for anything worse than gravel right now and I need to squeeze it along as a daily driver until I can buy something else. By-the-way, I'm in Fort Madison (right between Burlington and Keokuck on the river). Hopefully I can park my rig soon to do some subtantial work on her, but it will be a while before I can do any wheelin'.

·
Registered
165 Posts
sixtyeight-- would I be correct in guessing that you sold your land and are now living in Davis City???? Also anybody wanting to wheel needs to check out www.miobi.org , its a 4x4 club in the pella/newton/knoxville area mostly but members from all over the state. We mostly play on old mining grounds south of Knoxville. The website hasnt been worked on for a while, but you can check out the pictures to see the kind of wheeling we have available. If you are interested in joining and cant get anywhere from the website, just contact me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Potamus said:
Now,now I know y'all know about class B roads. You know, the ones with warning signs at the ends and bushes growing down the middle. .
That's all well and good, but it's embarrasing when you gotta ask some farmer to come pull you out.

P.S. Davenport here

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm from Mount Ayr Iowa Rinngold county not to far from Lineville. I mud race a guthrie center, osceola, greenfield, princton MO, Lamoni, Winterset, Mount Ayr and sometime reasoner. Some of the tracks are courses and some of them are just plain straight through pits but the courses like the one I'm running tommorow in Osceola ar a blast. You guys should come watch or bring down a rig. Here is my website it tells a little bit about my Bronco and the tracks I race on I havent updated it for awhile but if someone wants a schedule just email me an I will send you one. http://www.geocities.com/dredgeracing/dredgehomepage.html

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Alot going on from this little state. Lol.

I have a buddy that runs Make It or Break It quite a bit. You ever seen a red jeep (square headlights) with 31/33-13.50 Swampers driven like crazy by a crazy guy named Josh? Yeah, I know him lol. I drive by there alot going back adn forth between my uncle's place in Pleasantville, and my college dorm room down in Centerville. Can't wait to go there after my SAS. Looks fun as hell. Also in the Cedar Rapids area alot too. Not a Bko though...but close enough ;).

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.