Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i going to buy a light bar with 4 on it, and i have 2 8" lights i found in a junk yard(6 bux for both couldent pass it up), im going to put in my grill and i want to put 2 6" into my future bumper, is 8 plus the 2 headlights too many?

also i will be running strobes in the ones in the bumper (due to im a voluenteer FF and the bronc will be my runner vehicle once fixed), already have strobes in the headlight and tails

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im gonna use the truck for recovery and road block so i may end up with 12 because they want a spot light put in but i said if you do one you have to do the other, i dont know the awnser yet, so

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup just bought a 3g and it will go in when i get my truck back, im also gonna get 2 optamia gold tops

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
AS long as its useful to you , There is no too many. IT may look a litle funky, but if it works, it works.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Dat_Bronco_Boi said:
yup just bought a 3g and it will go in when i get my truck back, im also gonna get 2 optamia gold tops
Upgrade the wires........upgrade the alt to a 3G (I would go for 150A or better).

But......Optima gold top......I never heard of them.
I have heard of yellow tops for deep cycle duty (like running the lights or music for very long periods without the truck running).....and I have heard of red tops used more as a "starting" battery with high CCA/CA.
Blue top for boats

But can you tell me about the gold top???

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
im building a pre runner bar for my truck...like the light holder pre runner bars procrap makes for the 92-96...but mines a 91...i just want something to hold 2 lights...

2 6inch lights on the bar plus headlights and maybe more, not sure...prolly gonna do blue LED's in the grill...but thats only for fire company responses

dc

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
Just use big wire and big relays. Get the wattage of the bulbs you will be using and we can figure out what you need exactly.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Check your state and local laws. I think here in Cali you can only have six extra lights.

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
im going through training to become a volunteer FF, and im going to be running 4 lights up top, two in the front bumper, two in the rear bumper. you can never have TOO MANY lights! just realize that you have to put your emergency light bar up top too (the multicolored bar). to just make sure your fog lights on top will clear the emergency lights...
ace

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
oh- then put a few more lights on top then!!!
ace

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
WheelinElvis said:
im going through training to become a volunteer FF, and im going to be running 4 lights up top, two in the front bumper, two in the rear bumper. you can never have TOO MANY lights! just realize that you have to put your emergency light bar up top too (the multicolored bar). to just make sure your fog lights on top will clear the emergency lights...
ace
Just please don't use them until AFTER you're actually a firefighter. Nothing bothers me more then people racing to a scene they can't do anything at. All people that do that is add extra hazards to an already bad incident.

I waited until I graduated FF1. Then went through FF2. Then took officer training, pumper/aerial training, and technical rescue. THEN I started using blue lights. Think about how important you actually are in the whole response before you start doing unsafe things.

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
^well thats a given. you only respond if youre in the area- or if you see that you are of use. im not going to respond just to stand around. its a waste of space and, like you said, a hazard...
plus, at our station, you have to be a FF for a while before you can be marked with graphics or lights...
im still in high school, so i cant go to the academy yet. but i might go after i graduate...
ace

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Alright, thats fine just as long as you're usin your brain. My step brother is a cop in Wildwood, which is a huge shore town (winter 10k-summer 100k) and he pulled a kid over doing 55mph through a red light with blue lights on, not only did his truck look like a freaking UFO, but he hadn't even completed FF1 yet, so far he'd only taken two classes (introduction and safety basics of course :twak)

Situation being right, that kid could have killed 20+ people in that intersection. So thats my reasoning behind being aggrevated at people that aren't firefighters yet playing with blue lights, the maturity just isn't there yet.

Not that you are anything like that, I'm just pointing out something. Like plug said in another post, everything you do affects everyone else. Espescially what some stupid volunteers do, really effect career guys even when it has nothing to do with them.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Also, pertaining to this topic haha...

You can never have too many lights. I've got 8 55w 3x5 box lamps under my truck that light up with the door ajar switches (driver/pass individually) they all light up with the dash knob, and the rear ones light up just with the reverse switch... Next money pit is a KC bar across the top, with some nice 130w 6.5's... probably going to do 6 in a 3x2 config, and have them face \|/. That way I can REALLY get people's attention when they won't turn off their high beams. Soon as I get a chance, I'm grabbing dave's bumper and going to put 100w fog boxes in there. And then one of these days, I'll do a 3g, and get the 200+ amp upgrade from fireguy.

Everything on my truck is relay driven, and under the hood, there's probably about 30 relays (a couple unused so far) just for lighting. I like being able to switch things on in different configurations, so making it all relay driven is definitely needed. One of these days I'll get off my lazy ass and sign up a supermotors account and start posting pics and videos...

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey elvis why not take your ff1 this summer. i did mine at a local community college and had it done before my first junior semester was over

1 - 20 of 36 Posts