Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
I'm wondering how many miles to change your plugs and wires? I have a 300 I6.
well when was the last time that you did it or had it done?, if the answer is, i dont know, or never, now is a very good time to start with the 6L tune up, which includes the changing of plugs and wires

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
what plugs do you use. i try to replace my copper autolites every 30,000 miles

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
only 15k? you're fine. think about the plugs at 120,000 miles. wires will most likely be fine, i'd replace the cap and rotor though at that point though.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I have not changed my plugs yet, got 170k or so on em.

242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
man, I always thought it would be best to change them routinely. Guess I am use to carb engines and them flooding and ruining the spark plugs...lol.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
could always pull them and check them and regap them. i tell myself this, but since the plugs are out i just put in new ones

·
Registered
251 Posts
I tend to do mine every 30k aswell just to keep it all fresh and that is what ive always been told, the only case u wouldnt do this depends on the plugs u get. Some plugs as many automotive techs find that a platinum or dbl platinum plug will be recommended at 50-60k and the iridium plugs can get 100k. I find that the copper cores work just fine and ive never noticed any difference in performance betweeen a platinum and a copper core. Id highlly recommend the 6 liter tune up for performance reasons if thats what ur after and the trucks seem to like it better.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
don has GLOWplugs, since he has a diesel. he's pulling your leg.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
what a dick

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
why you gotta give the noob confusing information?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
cause I am bored

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there a time limit on plugs and wires? Or the cap and rotor? I don't put many miles on my Bronco, so the plugs only have about five thousand miles on them. But I changed them about a year and a half ago. Is time a factor?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts