Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this company that makes soft toppers for pick up trucks
http://softopper.com I contacted them and suggested that they start making some for Broncos because no one does anymore and a lot of us would like one, I got a reply back from them and they said they may start on it in the fall? after they test how their new one for another truck went. I was wondering if we started a petition asking them to do it and show them there is a market for them, we may be able to pull this off, but it is going to take more them just me to do it what do you guys think ??....Rick

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts
Buy thirty, then ship them to Santa Claus so we can look forward to Christmas presents.

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,823 Posts
You got to figure for a major company the 27,239 users on this site mean almost nothing. On top of that I would guess a third? have one, and a third may not want one. so maybe 10000 people who would get one. A company needs more than that to start a new product.

Those do look real cool however.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any idea how much they will be charging?
I would imagine it would be in the $500 - $600 dollar range? but that is just a guess on my part, how would I know? I just thought this was a good idea and thought some of you guys would be on board for trying to get someone to make these again. if not, no harm no foul, it was worth a shot :doh0715:
go to their site and check them out http://softopper.com , look at the product they make now, I am picking up one of their soft toppers for a F150 used this weekend and I am going to convert it to fit my 78 Bronco

·
big, long, hard
5,974 Posts
I just thought this was a good idea and thought some of you guys would be on board for trying to get someone to make these again. if not, no harm no foul, it was worth a shot :doh0715:
We're just giving you a hard time because the promise of a soft top "coming soon" has been going on for years. Do a search and you'll find several threads that ended in disappointment after months of waiting lists, design changes, promises, etc.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We're just giving you a hard time because the promise of a soft top "coming soon" has been going on for years. Do a search and you'll find several threads that ended in disappointment after months of waiting lists, design changes, promises, etc.
Oh I understand that and I'm not offended at all, I have been wanting a soft top for a while now so I have searched and know all the bull crap that goes with this subject, this is not a promise but a possibilty, like I said, look at the product they make now, they would be perfect for this, if they see there is a demand for this they might just make it happen. I think I got mine covered? I was just thinking of the rest of the guys that don't

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.