Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I've restored my 1989 Bronco, this isnt the first vehicle I've done. But its in great shape, had 130,000 miles on it when I bought, but I've put about $8000 bucks and a lot of work in it. It has new paint, bull gaurd, 6 actual KC lights and bar, new chrome bumpers, grill, tire cover, chrome wheels, tires, RARE dual electric sliding windows, no rust except maybe minor under it, new chrome everywhere outside (name something), new dash, new stereo and speakers, nerf bars, shocks all around, installed remanufactured stock 351W engine with unlimited mi 36 mo. Warr. and everything almost under the hood about 1900 miles ago, everything mechanical, pumps, hoses, sensors, balancer, alt, AC works great, original radiator. Not parts like intake, upper intake, and cast parts, but everything else. New exhaust manifolds. Intstalled new headliner, wheel bearings, hubs, brakes, calipers. It had the tranny replaced when I bought it, but its is not a rebuilt one, it was in a vehicle with 70,000 on it and I believe the transfer case is original. I have receipts for all the work, its a almost NEW looking truck, gets compliments that Ive only ever gotten from muscle cars Ive done. When I drive it places I see people checking it out, I know for its condition and shine of the new chrome exterior stuff, even the emblems I replaced new. I dont know how to post pics on here, or I would, but what would you guys say this is worth if I went to sell it maybe $10,000 The truck sits like its original, and is not lifted or modified other than appearance (light bar and bullgaurd). Just looking for a round about starting price for it, thanks.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
RARE dual electric sliding windows
What do you mean by that exactly? If its power windows on the camper, Id like to see it. If its just the door windows, I see more of those than cranks.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
it depends on who your buyer is. to the guy just looking for a nice bronco, it's probably worth alot less than $10K, maybe not even as much as you have into it.

i'm kind of curious as to why you would put so much time and money into a rig like an '89 bronco thinking you could make money on a resto. imo, there is nothing inherently desireable about that year or anything (no offense to other 89 bronco owners, hell my first bronco was an '89).

if you want, email the pix and i'll post them here for you. send to [email protected].

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It actually does have power window sliders on the camper top, I bought them right here on FSB.com, they are extremely rare and havent been made since 93, I checked with EZ sliders that made them. Im a vehicle gadget and rare gadget junky, I love that stuff.

And I didnt buy this to restore it, I bought it and the engine went, I was in the process believe it or not of lookin for a 90s Viper, and I needed a cheap ride to get me to and fro, so I could afford it, as you dont drive a Viper everyday. So I sold my modern everyday car, and was gonna use the cash towards my dream car, but then the engine in this went, and it became since then a restore, as I wont put a new engine in a truck unless im gonna completely redo it. I dont know, it is kinda a NORMAL vehicle though, but now its a extremely nice normal vehicle. I will email pics to someone that can post them for tomorrow on here if anyone wants to see the windows and the truck out of curiosity, it looks new really. I ended up never buying that Viper, I think responsibility kicked in, I did buy a damn nice screamin eagle Vrod though

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I saw an 88 on eBay once with 50k miles, all original at like $9k once. It wasn't an EB either, so you just may have a chance. I think he is a member on here.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Im very interested in seeing these power sliders. Pics!

·
Registered
144 Posts
You won't get anywhere near what you put in it. Average 89 is worth maybe 1 or 2k, you might get 4 if you are lucky and someone really wants it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
There is a saying that goes "There is an ass for every seat". I doubt you will be able to get what you put into it. A restored vehicle isnt worth as much as a low mileage original is. Price depends mainly on where youre selling it. My guess is you can expect to get a max of 6-8K. Maybe less, maybe more.

Im also a bit curious about the power windows. Does that mean you cant go topless anymore? I thought I saw something like that on an episode of Miami Vice today, but it was on a blazer, and I may have been mistaken.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Check on E-bay and other web sites. Depends where you livwe in the country and how much the gas goes up. If it is a perfect as you describe it I'd say $5000 max in the midwest.

JMO
rog....i have a lot of trucks...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sent pics to the gentleman above to see if he can posts pics of my rig for me. Thanks if so, if not thanks for trying.

·
Super Moderator
4,971 Posts
The average person isn't going to spend $10k on something like that, especially if they're just looking for something nice to get around in. However, with as nice of condition as that's in, there is really no reason you shouldn't get back what you put into it. Broncos are known for being both rugged off-road and nice luxery on-road vehicles. You will definitely have to wait longer to sell it for what you want to, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't eventually sell.
I think the biggest question to answer is how much of a hurry you are in to sell it.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
I think you have hi hopes on getting that kind of cash for your truck. Its has some cool options on it, but I haven't seen a 89 bronco bring that much money ever. I feel bad you sank a ton into, but you should look at it like this" it was a fun project and you did it your way". It's going to make someone happy if they can work with you on price.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is a nice BKO but I think it is going to be very hard to get over 5k for the truck. It may have a new motor and newer transmission but it has 130k on the clock. I wish you luck, you may be able to find someone that has to have that Bronco and is willing to pay top dollar.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts