Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone knwo about how much an alignment costs? i'm drivin up to vermont next week (from PA) and i'd like to still have tires when i get back... i'v never brought my truck to a shop for anything but i don;t exactly have all those computers for an alignment at my house :-(
well i dunno if it matters but its still the TTB and i'm in PA. a general idea of cost would be great. thanks

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If I remember right, when I took it to the dealer, it was around $70 to align the two front tires. Although if you take it to an independent shop, it is a little cheaper. Watch out though, if you have rusted and siezed parts like I had when I had my alignment done, it can cost up to $877.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
topfisherman said:
Watch out though, if you have rusted and siezed parts like I had when I had my alignment done, it can cost up to $877.
.................uh :scratchhe A front end shop really charged you that for an alignment because you had crusty rusty parts under your truck?

Anyhoo.......

For a long haul alignment, I take mine to a frame shop. (Assuming that you have no bad parts), the price around here can run from $75 - $125. .........and that includes mud encrusted east coast salt corroded beach driving rusted nasty @$$ siezed up bolt/part loosening.:thumbup

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Ironclad said:
.................uh :scratchhe A front end shop really charged you that for an alignment because you had crusty rusty parts under your truck?
Yea and I'm not happy about it. I took it to a dealer to have it done since they were only $5-10 more than any where else and I figured they had the most experience with the TTB. So any way, I ended up needing new camber bushings and the old ones were frozen in place and it took them forever to get them out, so long that my truck was there for 2 days and for one day they had 2 techs working on it. In the end I got charged $70 for alignment, $50 for new camber bushings, and for 8 hours of labor at $90 an hour.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I made that mistake...once. Took mine to a dealership for the alignment and an ABS diagnosis. 5 days later they couldn't fix either one. A Ford dealer that didn't know how to align a four wheel drive truck blew my mind. The service manager was so embarrassed he tried to set me up with a bunch of free oil changes. I told him no thanks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
My local shop charges $40 for a lifetime alignment.

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
30 bucks here just for the front end.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
$60 bucks....gets done once a year, or any time I put a new set of tires on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts