Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

How much lift from a rear shackle flip

8K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  elmo_4_vt 
#1 ·
I searched but could not find what I was looking for, I have seen on here people talking about flipping the rear shackle mount upside down? to get more lift and articulation, how much lift is achieved, this is for a off road only rig, thanks..Rick

I think I just found it? but I got two different answers is it 3" or 4"s

#2 ·
I believe you get 4 to 4.5" of lift with the hangar flipped in the stock location. You can adjust the location of the hangar and/or use longer shackles to obtain more lift if need be.

*edit* I should have said using an aftermarket hangar, in the stock location. The STOCK bracket, flipped in the stock location, will only net 1 1/2-2".

#5 ·
It's maybe an honest 1.75 inches. You won't gain much unless you go with aftermarket shackle mounts that drop down a lot.

#8 ·
Sorry you did not. Broncos sit 1.5 inch high in the rear stock, the extra you got from the flip added to what you were already higher is how you accomplished that.

If you measure the distance from the frame mounting bolts to the eyes on the end of shackle, then flip the bracket over and measure again, 3-4" is physically impossible.

#9 ·
Using the stock bracket you mean. Using a shackle flip kit will net you 4-4.5 inches in the stock location because of the way the bracket is designed. Plus if you use different shackles for more lift.
OX is right though, using stock brackets flipped in the stock location will not net you more than 2", remember however much you lift the rear of the spring you only net 1/2 of that because you are not lifting the front of the spring, just pivoting it.

#14 ·
If you going to be light in the rear or carry little gear back there,
then the stock shackle flip may make you level with TRUE 4" front springs.
Otherwise, you will be light in the rear by an inch or so. Here is 4" front coils
and 3 inch rear blocks (and a decent amount of gear in the back, big 20
gallon OBA tank and 35" spare back there). It's still just a hair light in the rear
and it had the highest GVWR being loaded LXT (which means the tallest,
stiffest rear springs)......

#19 ·
anyone have a shackle flip on a daily driver?

does it handle any different....better/worse?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.