Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys I have a 408w stroker that I'm gonna have later this year and I'm wondering if it would be a good alternative for the tired out 212K 351w that in it the bronco now. The 408 is coming out of a mustang that we drag race and has about 550fwhp. Of course I'm gonna pull the cam out and stick a torque cam in but I'm thinking something in the 475fwhp is doable. Will the stock powertrain take this. I really don't go off road much but it would nice to have a 11sec quartermiler bronce :)

Gregg

·
Registered
490 Posts
FWHP???

Well I hope you mean rear wheel horse power

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Konham said:
FWHP???

Well I hope you mean rear wheel horse power
fwhp= flywheel horse power

the car dyno'd 475 rearwheel horse power 3yrs ago when I first got the engine running. i figure its got 550 flywheel horse power right now. Once it comes out and if i decide to use it we gotta put a different cam and intake on it but no matter what its gonna make big torque...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BIGT2317 said:
i think he means you would need about 475 rear wheel horsepower to even get near 11 sec 1/4 mile. i don't think about 400 rear wheel hp will get anywhere close to pushing a 5-6K lb. bronco to 11's maybe low 13's.

Travis
yea your right, we did run a 200shot on it but not anymore. hahahaha wouldn't that we kicks though,,,,,, still it would be a killer bronco!
Rock on!

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
if you're only going to drag race the front axle should be fine, as well as the t-case. i'm assuming you will be putting a built race tranny in as well. the 8.8 has got to go, they are garbage.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
For drag racing, go 9". The real "weakness" of 9" axles is lateral side loads which really devestate them when offroaded with big tires. That and their semifloat design. Go FF and disk brakes and you'll have a super strong, lightweight axle back there you can trust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts