Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the ? is about how much tube does it take to make a full cage?

i have a 73 torino that i plan to rip the overly rusted body off of and use the fully boxed frame to make a badass trail rig thats all tubed out. if ity helps the frame is 15 feet long and right at 46in wide.
it has a 351c 2v and c4. i have daully 1tons and a 205 i plan to put in it. i may have to change the c4 to a c6 though:duh

sorry to be long winded but the wife wants a ball park before i start another project that she thinks will never end.:banghead

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Search the "roll cage" thread, it should have some figures for ya in the range of 80-100 feet for a full cage with tringulation. That is alot if you use it all. JSM84

PS: restore the Torino - please don't buggy it.
i have read about every tread on roll cages i could find no figures on tube but 100ft isn't that bad i was figuring alot more.

and i tryed the hole restore thing before it sound good when you say it but with the condion of the body and lack of interior it's alot cheaper and will be more fun with my three sons to do.

this was my car in high school i gave it to my father-in-law to "restore" for three years or more and he gave it back with about 100lbs of bondo no a/c no interior and says he has know idea how to put it back together. or were most of the parts are.:twak:twak:twak i guese its pay back for fonduling his little girl:chili::thumbup

·
Registered
337 Posts
id say 100ft would get eaten up prett quick. I used about that much building a single seater tube buggy that was approx 4ft X 8ft. but you wouldnt design like i did as you already have a frame to start.

really it depends on the design ... If I were you, I start with a plan, draw something up and go from there.... theres no way it'll turn out nice if you just start placing tubing where it looks good without a plan ... and if you have a plan ... then you know how many feet you will use.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I burned threw 200' in a full cage for my bronco.
what size tube did you use and about how much?
i still need to buy a bender and was thinking 11/4 or 11/2 x .o9 or .12. im in fl so its more or less to keep the kids from falling out. mud buggies dont flip to often in the mud.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts