Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to change blocks to springs? A guy i met told me he'd sell me his 79 for $1000. its on 44's with custom bumpers and a 460. its got cancer but its a mud truck... but theres about 6-7'' of block in the rear and about 2 in the front. theres no way i'd wheel that. i'll buy it if its not to much to change.. so.. price?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
sounds like a distant relative of doublestacker.

I am guessing coils up front? you could lower the front coil towers 2" and remove the blocks.

for the rear, hard to say if his rear springs are stock, if they are, you could do a shackle flip, add in longer shackles, and get some 4" leafs.

in total. probably 400 ish plus your time in labor.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll get some pics. casue its pretty scary as is... the u-bolts hardly fit from the huge blocks andthe streering about the same as the suspension

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
just get rid of the coil spacer up front, and get either a 6" spring(given the truck sits with stock springs now) or a 4" and reverse shackle and be done with it.... good luck. post up some pics, Its amazing that some of the guys on this site can tell you what spring you got by just glancing at it.:thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts