Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I saw this ad on craigslist for some truck parts here local to me, one was listed as a 70's f series pile of junk. that would be heading to the junkyard. so I go look at it, and it is a 78 or 79 shortbed f150 with a probably 6-8" lift, not sure on the motor but it had a high rise 2 4 bbl manifold, ford racing valve covers, a cool bumper and a few other good useable parts, the truck itself is not worth fixing but someone had started putting it together and then just left it, I will get some pictures of it later but how much do you think it is worth? the guy is supposed to get back to me and let me know what he will take for it? but I just thought I would run it by Y'all...Thanks..Salt-Man he also says he has some big ass tires that used to be on it, if anyone is interested in anything let me know

·
Registered
52 Posts
find out how much for the lift and are the frnt fenders any good???
my mother-in-law and gram live in jerz so shipin aint an issue. if the price is right i can pick it up when i go back with her

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I've stripped a couple 78/9's now for build money. Pick up the truck for $50 to $100, snag the entire driveline and anything else that may be usable, sell the rest for scrap. I generally make $500 to $600 on them, minus my time.

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is what I was thinking, but then the guy started acting like he had all this money into it? then he said someone owed him money and he kept the truck,and it will probably go to the scrapyard right across the street, its just way to wishy washy????? but I am going to pursue it and see what I can find out

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK this is what I found out, its not getting junked right now, but he is sick of trying to sell the shat !! he just wants to get some of his money back out of it ! he sounds like he is getting up there in age ? I will meet him tommorow, and take pictures of what is there, I am going to get a few things and try to help him get rid of this stuff ! I found out that my cousin is good friends with him. when I get more info and pictures I will be back to post up the info. this is what I was told. he has a brand new set of big tires (size?) it has a good 429 60 over, it has a 6-8" lift on it with drop brackets, from what I seen today there are some good parts to be saved from the crusher here, I will find out more tommorow. if anybody wants something let me know ? PM me

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh definitly Ranger. I just kind of fell onto this whole deal. and I was about to give up on it, but then I found out that the guy is good friends with one of my cousins, so I am going to try to help him out and hopefully some of my " Brothers Of The Broncos " here . I am going to get that windshield that I need !.I'm stoked on that

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Friends or not, I wouldn't give him more than the scrap yard would pay. Around here most scrap yards pay about $100 to $200 for a running vehicle unless they have to pick it up, then they charge you instead.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well technically, the shread them..... dice them up into little bitty pieces..... shame really....

Hey... I just stumbled onto a video on youtube, that's got your 1860 house in it.... but for some reason youtubes messed up right now so I can't send you the link...

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not doing it , I just left the Dude's place and he just wants to much for it ! he wants $500 for the truck and $1500 for the tires ! I got enough projects going on and not enough money to be buying more shat ! The Tires are nice ! they gave me a chubby !:hump they are Brand new 44x19.5x15 Super Swampers on Bronco rims ( 5 lug ) I am just going to buy the windshield from him and be done maybe the tailgate too. if anyone wants the tires let me know? but he is not going to budge on price and then you have to ship them as well. ?? so it probably is not worth it unless you have money falling out of you're azz ? I dont....Later guys. I'm done with this thread. see ya!!!!:rockon

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree whole heartedly, I got enough shit to build anyways! how dare he get me all hot and bothered with the idea of more stuff :twak Thats Funny Right There!!!!

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I hate to bring back this thread. BUT!
the snow is all melted today, and I could not stop thinking about that damn truck! SO!!
I went out and took another look at it.
I called the guy and offered him $300 for it and he took it!!
now that I could really see it. there is alot of good stuff there.
the bushwacker cut-out flares on the front, the other two may be buried in the back?
it is really not rusted at all, except for surface rust
it has a brand new extended drive shaft
just alot of really good shat that I could not let go to the scrap yard
I'm not going to pick it up until after the 1st of the month
I'll post up some pic's after I get it....Later

1 - 18 of 18 Posts