Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

How old are you?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,118 Posts
I hit the double nickel a few months ago. It's just a number. I was crankin' Skynyrd on the way to work in the Bronco yesterday, so nothings changed much except I'm a lot more responsible than I was at 20, and a sh!tload more suspicious. 🤨

·
Registered
804 Posts
Worked in a hobby shop when I was in high school. Had a regular customer that in addition to teaching me how to drink bourbon imparted great wisdom: "if one never f'ing grows up, one never f'ing grows old."

Makes a hell of a lot more sense in my mid-fifties than it did at 16 and if it's true I'm going to live forever because I still find 10-year old fart humor funny...

·
Registered
590 Posts
41. Within the last year I’ve had to focus on working smarter, not harder. Everything in good shape, just not as tolerant to off-design operation like it was in years prior.

Bronco is 6/80, so I’ve got about 18 months on it.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
186 Posts
I’m approaching 59....graduated high school ‘79. College: ‘86 (OK, Imma slow learner). I’m not the most religious dude, but, I’ve always thanked the Lord,,,just in case.

Thanks to God, I’m in the best shape I’ve been in 26 years....Damn, that’s when I got married. Coincidence? Stay safe all....so we can pile years on the Broncos!

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,396 Posts
47 but Your only as old as you feel So 77.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,396 Posts
@MojoJojo What’cha mean 77? Where’s your mojo, Jojo?
Well a steel rod to the head 15 or so years ago causing a permanent headache now and blurred vision in the left eye. I was packing trash old school, as in we actually picked it up by hand not hydraulics for 17 years and ran my own auto and boat detailing company (6 employees and I) for the last 8 of those. Let’s just say I tore the crap out of my body like some of these guys do with there wheeling only Broncos. I tore up my right hip, Both shoulders, one ankle and my lower back. Didn’t realize it till I spent the first 6 months in bed. Once I quite moving everything started hurting.

·
Registered
186 Posts
@MojoJojo Sorry to hear that. I hope you’re doing well now. We take our bodies for granted. I’ve dislocated my right shoulder high siding and flying off a dirt bike...early 80s and it still flares up. I’ve got an assortment of battle scars but fully recovered from those. Im blessed in that regard. Take care!

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,876 Posts
My dear old dad used to tell me: “We spend the first 40 years of our life beating the $hit out of our bodies and the whole rest of our life repairing the damage.”

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,305 Posts
My dear old dad used to tell me: “We spend the first 40 years of our life beating the $hit out of our bodies and the whole rest of our life repairing the damage.”
Very true. I’m almost 4 years into my repair time and I’ve had an knee ACL reconstruction, shoulder torn labrum, both rotator cuffs repaired, and now, come to find out recently, my bad knee is riddled with arthritis and has very little cartilage (padding) left. My ortho doesn’t want me to do a knee replacement yet and my relatively young age due to the average life expectancy of a knee replacement, so I gotta wait maybe 10-12 years before that is a viable option. I may have to have an interim surgery though, to clean out what is now 22 years of arthritis.

Yay (and if you guys didn’t do the math above, I’m almost 44).

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
40 Posts
Well there is just too many folks to CC on this response but I'd like to add that I agree. Im 31, and I know most of you would say big deal you're still young.

TRUE, but..
Gone are the days of pushing through a hangover to party it up the very next day. And gone are the days of feeling that odd "pinch" in the middle of a set of 405 deadlifts, and you decide to "work through the pain"

Maybe if I can learn to work smarter and not harder now ill stay ahead of the game

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,893 Posts
Very true. I’m almost 4 years into my repair time and I’ve had an knee ACL reconstruction, shoulder torn labrum, both rotator cuffs repaired, and now, come to find out recently, my bad knee is riddled with arthritis and has very little cartilage (padding) left. My ortho doesn’t want me to do a knee replacement yet and my relatively young age due to the average life expectancy of a knee replacement, so I gotta wait maybe 10-12 years before that is a viable option. I may have to have an interim surgery though, to clean out what is now 22 years of arthritis.

Yay (and if you guys didn’t do the math above, I’m almost 44).
You've heard me talk about DMSO before, right? My Dad would have been crippled by arthritis decades ago without it. The tough old bastard might outlive me.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,305 Posts
You've heard me talk about DMSO before, right? My Dad would have been crippled by arthritis decades ago without it. The tough old bastard might outlive me.
I don’t recall that - I’ve seen you speak of medical weed but not this. I just looked it up, and I’ll give it a shot. It couldn’t hurt right? I’d totally try out medical MJ but work prohibits it, despite it being 100% legal for medical and recreational uses here in MI. I tried a little of the CBD topical rub on my knees but it didn’t do much, so I’ll give this a try. Thanks bud.

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
40 Posts
I don’t recall that - I’ve seen you speak of medical weed but not this. I just looked it up, and I’ll give it a shot. It couldn’t hurt right? I’d totally try out medical MJ but work prohibits it, despite it being 100% legal for medical and recreational uses here in MI. I tried a little of the CBD topical rub on my knees but it didn’t do much, so I’ll give this a try. Thanks bud.
It's time for that being an issue to be a thing of the past...

·
Registered
186 Posts
“High all”,
Today is my B-Day! I’m 59!
To the younger men...life is a journey. Different stages....I’ve done the “hold mah 🍺! thing way too many times.

Then finished college...got one of them government jobs..raised 3 kids...paid their colleges (still am actually) and now....59 and RETIRED!!

Bottom line...enjoy each day like it’s your last. Make the best of it.

Oh, tow most important things in life are: family/friends & health.

·
Registered
186 Posts
A lil off topic: I’m for the complete legalization of cannabis at the Federal level. FL is medicinal only but there is a group trying to get recreational use legalized via a state constitutional amendment . I’m pretty sure the majority of Floridians will vote in favor.

·
Super Moderator
14,763 Posts
“High all”,
Today is my B-Day! I’m 59!
To the younger men...life is a journey. Different stages....I’ve done the “hold mah 🍺! thing way too many times.

Then finished college...got one of them government jobs..raised 3 kids...paid their colleges (still am actually) and now....59 and RETIRED!!

Bottom line...enjoy each day like it’s your last. Make the best of it.

Oh, tow most important things in life are: family/friends & health.
Happy belated..I just turned 48 on the 9th, so you've got a little more than a decade on me..would love to be retired at 59, but not sure that's in the cards...
A lil off topic: I’m for the complete legalization of cannabis at the Federal level. FL is medicinal only but there is a group trying to get recreational use legalized via a state constitutional amendment . I’m pretty sure the majority of Floridians will vote in favor.
John Morgan of Morgan and Morgan fame has been lobbying for years in FL to get this passed and has spent millions..He says its for altruristic purposes, but I'm skeptical of anything a trial laywer stands behind..Constitutional amendment requires 60% vote in Florida..that's going to be tough..they didn't get enough signatures this year either to get it back on the ballot..

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,893 Posts
Not sure recreational is the way to go. If you can believe it... I was actually against it in WA state when it came up for the vote. WA did a really piss poor job with it. I'd far prefer to see if removed or at least dropped down the Federal Drug Schedule. When WA went recreational, after having medical for decades prior... medical got rolled into recreational and nearly all research and promotion for medicinal benefits went right out the window.
Too many assume medical is just an excuse to use/abuse and really ignore the medical potential. The amount of anecdotal evidence that abounds around THC/CBD and Cancer alone is incredible when you dig into it and deserves far more attention imo. Yet... CBD is getting all the attention but it doesn't work nearly as well without the THC, entourage effect of them working together. This has been well known and documented long ago but apparently, everybody's still afraid of "getting high". Pain killers and muscle relaxers are apparently just fine though. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hijack. Been a passion of mine for a long time now.

MS88 - be careful when you start out with it. In some cases, people feel like it's burning their skin and stop using it before it has time to sink in through osmosis and find/work on the issues. It's water soluble, so you can just wash it off with a wash-rag... so don't let it spook you. It really can do some fantastic stuff relieving inflammation and dissolving loose calcium deposits, which is the reason it's so effective against arthritis. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions about it. Dad's used it for most of my life and I've used it occasionally for aches, pains, and stopped carpel tunnel cold twice over the years.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts