Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I started hearing a screeching noise by my left front tire. Sounded like the brake pad broke and it, or something else was scraping. It progressivly got louder and more frequent. Figuered I would have to replace everything anyway so I drove it a couple more times. Then I thought it may be the wheel bearings also and tha I should just park it and use another vehicle before I kill this one. Finally took the wheel off to inspect and found this:

·
College User
2,013 Posts
If it was put in flipped over the progs would not catch causing that. That would cause the wheel to have a good amout of vibrations.

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
yeah they seem to walk out all the time. Got the same problem with mine, i just check em every once n a while. Like will said, hows the rim?

·
Registered
316 Posts
my front driverside was working itself out, towards the inside however, when i did my last brake job i bent the corners of the slats up a little little bit on all 8 of those things, they bend back when you tap them out again and they dont come out while you drive..

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me once also the repair manual says you should replace every time the brakes are done. I replace mine after a couple of brake jobs,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts