Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I wanted to get a feel for an asking price of $9800 for a ‘91 Eddie Bauer with the 351W, 4-speed automatic, and ~138K miles on it. The paints good minus normal wear and tear expected and has a good interior. I just want to know if this is or isn’t a good price for this year and model and if not what would be?

·
Registered
968 Posts
It all depends on where you sell it. In the south.... a rust free bronco in decent condition will go for 5,000 to 6,000. If you are in Michigan a rust free bronco is a little harder to find and 10,000 might not be out of control. In Arizona, new Mexico I think the 5,000 range is more reasonable. Of course new motor/transmission will bump a grand.... maybe??

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,568 Posts
Really need pics to give good estimate.
As mentioned your location will have a lot to do on the price. Also the 87-91's have not spiked in price as much as the 92-96 or 80-86 for what ever reason.

In the salt states (like I live in) the miles mean almost nothing, its all about the conditon of the body and interior.

·
Registered
624 Posts
@mogo103
Like mentioned - it depends on where you are. Is the Bronco stock? I know here in VA, $9500 will buy you a nice Bronco if you do your homework. A guy I know picked up a 96 EB with a tick over 100K miles, 1 family owned, zero rust and full maintenance records for considerably cheaper than $9500. It had a small lift, brand new tires / wheels and needed nothing but a driver and a stereo that wasn't 20 years old.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree with everyone up top. The 87-91 are very easy to find for lower prices and one like you described would be 5-6k. About 6 months ago I purchased a 89 with good interior, decent paint, 6 inch lift, new wheels, and 135k miles for $4,300. I got a great deal on it because I sold it 3 days later for $6,400. But again, it depends where you're located.

Overall, I don't think a bricknose would reach $9,800. I'd keep looking or low-ball.

·
Super Moderator
24,200 Posts
Yo mogo103,
WELCOME!
As advised.

For a loan, our Navy Federal Credit Union used to suggest using https://www.nadaguides.com for finding the "value" of a used vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It all depends on where you sell it. In the south.... a rust free bronco in decent condition will go for 5,000 to 6,000. If you are in Michigan a rust free bronco is a little harder to find and 10,000 might not be out of control. In Arizona, new Mexico I think the 5,000 range is more reasonable. Of course new motor/transmission will bump a grand.... maybe??
Ok thanks it was seeming a little high

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with everyone up top. The 87-91 are very easy to find for lower prices and one like you described would be 5-6k. About 6 months ago I purchased a 89 with good interior, decent paint, 6 inch lift, new wheels, and 135k miles for $4,300. I got a great deal on it because I sold it 3 days later for $6,400. But again, it depends where you're located.

Overall, I don't think a bricknose would reach $9,800. I'd keep looking or low-ball.
Solid help I appreciate it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you to everyone for the tips. I newer to the Bronco realm and it’s been difficult o get a good feel for good vs bad pricing

·
Registered
192 Posts
There's plenty of folks who have a very inflated value of their vehicles. Cant blame someone trying to get top dollar for their ride either, but some folks are asking for stupid money

1 - 11 of 11 Posts