Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,348 Posts
Yo,
Open system ground,
G100 is @ LH front of engine compartment on upper radiator support &
G101 is @ ront of engine compartment, front of fender apron (D1) - RH = Passenger side mine has 2 small black wires between starter relay & headlight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know for a fact that the ignition lock cylinder circuit assembly is definitely worn....when the key is removed the chime will still go off thinking the key is still in, a little flick of the ignition lock cylinder upward opens the circuit and the chime goes off..

But to clarify, in the beginning I had the standard issue flashing OD, no speedomoter, and ABS light on. Ran the ABS diag with the original module and the ABS light simply remained on - the same now with this replacement module.

My thinking had been that the ABS light remaind on as the ABS module itself was fried and unable to have the diagnostic performed. Is this correct?

Thank you for the response

·
Super Moderator
25,348 Posts
Yo,
I am ASSUMING, the original module had fried microprocessors and now the ignition key cylinder is causing current situation, based on no codes.
Try replacing the key cylinder;

Ignition Switch Lock Cylinder, Functional, replacement in a 96
NOTE: The following procedure applies to vehicles that have
functional lock cylinders and keys.

Or,
Ignition Switch Lock Cylinder, Lock Cylinder Non-Functional Removal;
NOTE: The following procedure applies to vehicles in which the ignition lock is inoperative and the lock cylinder cannot be rotated due to a lost or broken key, unknown key number, or a cap that has been damaged or broken to the extent that the lock cylinder cannot be rotated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still need to to that i wasnt sure the number to set it to with my 35 bf a/t ....and now the speedo is jumping after 15 mph screwing up shifting points again it runs but not great lol idk where to check well second ..i checked the jumpers and they seem ok when i originally replaced the vss i bought a new connector for the plug. And didnt soder* them but twisted them good and taped them up pretty good it was fine for a while and a 1500 mile trip to the mountians ..and a little mud messed shit up lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im thinking it is .. and dreading its not the rear diff ...but if its driving fine .little thud but when cold it takes at least 1500 to 2000 rpms to get it moving at all then seems like it slips a little then warms up and runs fine now the speedos jumpin after 15 ....i think im going to get under it and pull all the debris and mud off and pull the vss and check the see what going on...im going to check the trans fluid also

·
Registered
14 Posts
Moderators, if you feel this post is appropriate, would you mind making it a "sticky" or whatever it is referred to here? Thank you!

If you happen to suddenly lose your speedometer/odometer/cruise-control and your automatic transmission starts shifting roughly, This will let you know if your 4wabs module is the cause of your problem by bypassing it and seeing if everything else works after.

The module is located directly behind the driver's side headlight and uses a 10mm bolt to hold the connector in place. Loosen the bolt (it doesn't come out, just loosens) and pull the connector from the module. Then jump the pins as shown in the pic and place the connector in a safe position so the jumpers won't get knocked loose while driving. Make sure the connections are good and clean and the jumpers are firmly in place. Contact cleaner will help. Then, drive the vehicle a short distance and you should immediately regain your speedometer/etc. If you do not, then your problem is NOT the module and you can begin searching elsewhere for the problem. Good searchwords are 4wabs, psom, vss, I hope this helps!

Thanks for info tried to get the abs modular out loosened bolt but does not budge any tips on getting it out I don’t want to break anything

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for info tried to get the abs modular out loosened bolt but does not budge any tips on getting it out I don’t want to break anything

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also tried new vss and no change this was the second one I tried so I need to move on to the next thing Abs modual jumper but cannot get it apart any suggestions thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,348 Posts
Yo @8vettes
4WABS Control Module Removal in 93-96;
"...Disconnect battery positive cable.Locate anti-lock brake electronic control module at left front fender apron. Disconnect 40-pin connector from anti-lock brake electronic control module.
Remove the 10mm bolt holding it in and slide it out of the keyway" by Froggmann

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0 302
5 Posts
Hey names Dave, I'd like to express my thanks to you guys who keep these fourms running and a thanks to the people who post. I bought a 95 bronco 302 6in lift 35's on it a nice truck. and the guy who sold it to me said the trans is going to need to be replaced i thought ** it ill do that for the price i got it for, he was a technician at subaru so i beleived him. After having it for a week or so i started looking up how to fix the speedo and work on little check engine lights and things i changed the vss the plug for it , the psom and nothing yesterday i pulled the abs fuse and made the jumpers for the 4waps because ** it might as well try....and i got my speedo back and the trans is shifting like a dream you guys just saved me so much money you dont even know...i almost want to tell the seller hes a dummy lol ...but thank you guys again..
What jumpers did you use? Just regular wire or something?

·
Super Moderator
25,348 Posts
What jumpers did you use? Just regular wire or something?
Yo Dcoxwest,
Deranged.dave1 hasn't logged in here since 2018.
He jumped one of the 4WABS Fuses:

First inspect each fuse, you may see one that's biown.
If you use a wire, 12 gauge will be ok.
Some buy a Mini Current Loop, such as;

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0 302
5 Posts
Yo Dcoxwest,
Deranged.dave1 hasn't logged in here since 2018.
He jumped one of the 4WABS Fuses:
View attachment 160084
First inspect each fuse, you may see one that's biown.
If you use a wire, 12 gauge will be ok.
Some buy a Mini Current Loop, such as;
Oh okay. I pulled my ABS code yesterday and got code 33. But I just replaced my VSS and it still didn’t resolve the issue. I’m thinking it must be my 4WABS controller. I guess I’m going to try to bypass it with jumper wire going to those pins in the photos above. I’m not sure how long it’ll last me but I can’t seem to find a replacement controller anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
25,348 Posts
Oh okay. I pulled my ABS code yesterday and got code 33. But I just replaced my VSS and it still didn’t resolve the issue. I’m thinking it must be my 4WABS controller. I guess I’m going to try to bypass it with jumper wire going to those pins in the photos above. I’m not sure how long it’ll last me but I can’t seem to find a replacement controller anywhere.
Yo D,
Did you contact ABS pumps/controllers/modulators | Ford | Online catalogue | United States | BBA Reman
How to contact BBA Reman in the US
HOW TO CONTACT BBA-REMAN

US Office

BBA Remanufacturing Inc
300 Myles Standish Blvd
Taunton, MA 02780
Toll Free: 1 844-875-2554
Local: 1 (866) 573-2740
Fax: 1 (508) 822-4491
email: [email protected]

Depending on your year such as 94 through 96, try these, however most aren't specific as to fit, etc :

Or gamble on a yard queens module. We went through two module, but both were bad.

For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @: Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.
If a specific part isn't listed, search again for the next higher assembly, such as in this instance, the tailgate.
¤
or
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Can select certain parts
Can search by year range, such as 92 through 96 & has best item condition descriptions such as "COVER BAD LEATHER PWR BKT GRY"
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles incl. interior/dash, back seat, front & rear and engine bay
¤

Bronco Used Part Search @ Ford Bronco Parts | Used Auto Parts with source, cost, yard and phone #

¤
Concord Spare Parts @ Spare parts for your cars, trucks and special vehicles
732-374-3872
[email protected]

¤
Home | Pick-n-Pull
This is a Company name w/yard locations in various states
Can NOT Select certain parts
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles
¤

B&R Autowrecking, in CA, WA, NV, OR. "We have a fleet of over 60 trucks that deliver to business addresses all over Oregon and Washington. Outside of Oregon and Washington, we have daily shipping services. Contact Us for a quote."
"Will ship to their closest yard for $50 flat" by StemCellResearch", 2019
¤

Row52
Can NOT Select certain parts
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles
AND Want a Part? It's Easy...
1. You create a Parts Wanted Listing.
2. Parts Pullers respond with offers.
3. You pick the best one.
A Parts Puller gets the parts you need.
¤
For obsolete parts by Ford long version pn:
Welcome to the PartsVoice Parts Locator
Rear Counter Auto Parts Locator
Main
Home - NOS Parts

And by a search function;
Truck Ford

For new discounted Ford parts:
Galpin Ford (suggested by JScatt!)
¤

Call Ray @ Henrys Parts Depot 714-997-8895 He found the C6 6 pin nss for a pal in April 2016

Stop by a local Ford dealer parts department and ask about parts interchange They will look it up in the Interchange Guide data base.
The Ford bean counters deleted the public Interchange Guide and Buyer's Guide a few years ago to save their $ & make it more difficult for us to maintain our Broncos.
As an example, here is Ford Motorcraft's buyers guide info for a ""Motorcraft basic pn":
"12A646 is a relay.EEC power, mostly found under the hood next to the fuel pump relay on EFI vehicles. .
RELAY, ELECTRONIC ENGINE CONTROL (ASSEMB
DY-865 [Universal Relay] 2 Bbl.; E1VB-12A646AA,E3AF-12A646B1A,E3UF-12A6461A1,A2A, B1A,,B2A,E3TF-12A646A1A,A2A,B1A,B2A
and from the Buyers Guide:
Part No.: DY-865
Manufacturer: MOTORCRAFT
Part Type: ELEC ENG CONT ASSY RELAY
Total No. of Vehicles: 275
FORD (202) 1983-1994
AEROSTAR (9) 1986-1992, 1992 V6-183ci 3.0L F/I Vin U, 1991 V6-183ci 3.0L F/I Vin U , 1990 V6-183ci 3.0L F/I Vin U
Etc.

BRONCO (18) 1983-1991
1991 V8-302ci 5.0L F/I Vin N
1991 V8-351ci 5.8L F/I Vin H
1990 V8-302ci 5.0L F/I Vin N
1990 V8-351ci 5.8L F/I Vin H
1989 V8-302ci 5.0L F/I Vin N
1989 V8-351ci 5.8L F/I Vin H
1988 V8-302ci 5.0L F/I Vin N
1988 V8-351ci 5.8L F/I Vin H
1987 V8-302ci 5.0L F/I Vin N
1987 V8-351ci 5.8L 4 BBL Vin H
1986 V8-302ci 5.0L F/I Vin N
1986 V8-351ci 5.8L 4 BBL Vin H
1985 V8-302ci 5.0L F/I Vin N
1984 V8-302ci 5.0L 2 BBL Vin F
1984 V8-351ci 5.8L 2 BBL Vin G
1984 V8-351ci 5.8L 4 BBL Vin H
1983 V8-302ci 5.0L 2 BBL Vin F
1983 V8-351ci 5.8L 2 BBL Vin G
ETC."
¤
Pull-A-Part SEARCH INTERCHANGEABLE PARTS INVENTORY, @ SEARCH INTERCHANGEABLE PARTS

■□■
CODE 33 Test

In lieu of the obsolete Ford Rotunda pin-out box (avail. on e bay, etc. but often it does Not include the overlays or cables), you can go to the connector (cited in test) pins instead.

·
Super Moderator
25,348 Posts
Yo,
One more that didn't make my post due to 3 security error statements that aren't explained;

·
Super Moderator
25,348 Posts
Just did the jumper test and that didn’t work. Guess I’m gonna keep searching.
Yo D,
How about taking a swing at the test I posted??

21 - 40 of 42 Posts