Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i check the fuel pressure on the fuel rail at that scharder valve??? im going to NAPA today to buy a fuel pressure guage...

also there is a small crimp after the FPR on the rail, is that gonna be a problem???

if i press the schrader valve down on the fuel rail how much fuel should spray out...whnile idleing... I did it with a screw driver and it just oozed out

dc

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
DcSkater602 said:
can i check the fuel pressure on the fuel rail at that scharder valve??? im going to NAPA today to buy a fuel pressure guage...
Yes

DcSkater602 said:
also there is a small crimp after the FPR on the rail, is that gonna be a problem???
Take a pic

DcSkater602 said:
if i press the schrader valve down on the fuel rail how much fuel should spray out...whnile idleing... I did it with a screw driver and it just oozed out
Never mind that, use the gauge to test the pressure.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There should be a pretty good stream that sprays out at idle. Take a look at that crimp. If it looks like it is crimped enough to restrict your flow that you need to find a new fuel rail, it it just looks like a dent then check the pressure. You should get between 35 to 40 psi. Double check to make sure that you hear the pumps turn on when you first turn on the key. They should run for a few seconds and then shut off (do not start just turn the key to run). Depending on your year there may be two pumps, one low pressure in your tank and one high pressure on your frame rail. On the later broncos, there is only one pump and that is in your tank. Try and post a pic of that crimp.

·
crank trigger
8,155 Posts
DcSkater602 said:

dc
harbor frieght has their testers on sale for cheap.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Kikwear said:
It shouldn't ooze out...it's a high pressure fuel rail.
Have you actualy ever done it?

What he is getting sounds normal, put a gauge on it and see..

Big Blue 89 said:
There should be a pretty good stream that sprays out at idle.
That depends on a lot of factors. A gauge is the only way to tell.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It depends on what he means by oozing. When he first presses down on the valve it should shoot out at first because of the pressure, if after that it oozes that is okay since the pressure has been released. The only real way to tell is the fuel pressure gauge and I have used the harbor freight tester. It is good for the price.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for quick replies

Gacknar said:

What he is getting sounds normal, put a gauge on it and see..QUOTE]

well thats a relief to hear...im gonna go pick up a guage today...i will check the fuhttp://www.wndu.com/news/012006/news_47606.phpressure and let you know...i was expecvting to see a spray/stream...i will check pressure and get back to you...the crimp is not fully closed...but definatly restricting...possibly up to 30-40% flow...m,aybe more maybe less

anyone got a 351w fuel rail they wanna sell????????????lol

also can the 302 FPR be swapped onto the 351 fuel rail???

dc

·
Registered
110 Posts
I do not believe that a fuel rail form a 302 will fit the 351, the engine are different widths. I know that intakes will not interchange so I assume the fuel rails wont either. But remember the old saying about assume!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know the fuel rail wont fit...will the 302 fuel pressure regulator fit on the 351 rail???

also where is the fuel pressure inertia switch located???

dc...ill try to snap a pic when i get home

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wheres the inertia switch...i have 38psi on the fuel rails key on not running...the batt is charging i will know running pressure shortly...but i have good pressure at the rails...

i dont get this...it runs in 302 order...why not 351...

dc

·
Registered
83 Posts
Gacknar said:

What he is getting sounds normal, put a gauge on it and see..

That depends on a lot of factors. A gauge is the only way to tell.
I have. Push the needle and it will rush out quick and then trickle.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
DcSkater602 said:
wheres the inertia switch
It's not the inertia switch.

DcSkater602 said:
i have 38psi on the fuel rails key on not running...the batt is charging i will know running pressure shortly...but i have good pressure at the rails...
Ha..Told you disbelevers it sounded normal. :twak

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
What IS the problem??? What is your truck doing..or not doing... whatever the case may be?

edit*** we need engine info too to help diagnose problems...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts