Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i determine spring rate? like on a set of deaver coils, they used to be 200Lb/inch and then they changed to the new 300Lb/inch. does it take 200 pounds or 300 pounds to compress the spring an inch? when did they change over to making the 300Lb/inch? thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? bumpity bump

·
Registered
731 Posts
how can i determine spring rate? like on a set of deaver coils, they used to be 200Lb/inch and then they changed to the new 300Lb/inch. does it take 200 pounds or 300 pounds to compress the spring an inch? when did they change over to making the 300Lb/inch? thanks
You answered your own question, sort of. I think the Deavers may be variable rate. If so, I will check Monday to see if I can dig up a formula for variable rate springs.

I have not been able to find out much about Deaver's spring rates.

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Well the 200Lb/in would take 200Lb to compress an inch...and the 300Lb/in would take 300Lb to compress and inch...:doh0715:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the 200Lb/in would take 200Lb to compress an inch...and the 300Lb/in would take 300Lb to compress and inch...:doh0715:
thats what i thought, i just wasn't 100 percent sure. does anyone know when deaver switched to the new springs? or the likely-hood that a pair bought in 06 would be 300Lb/inch?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Search on this site. I know there is a few threads about various coils spring rates and atleast one thread talks about the Deaver/superflex coils. But IIRC if your coils were made in the last 2 years they are the stiffer 300lb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts