Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what i have is a 91 bronco with 5.8 and auto hubs with the shifter on the floor explain to me how to put it into 4 wheel drive? do I start it put the bronco in neutral and than shift into 4x4 and drive or do i have to do that and put shifter lever in drive? sorry noobie here???:banghead

·
Super Moderator
26,007 Posts

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,125 Posts
With the shifter on the floor you can shift into 4hi at any time as long as speeds are below 35 iirc. To shift in and out of 4lo you should be stopped in neutral. If you ever forget there might be printed instruction on your sun visor.
I think that is correct for locked manual hubs, but for auto hubs it should be stopped to engage 4high. If the hubs aren't locked, the front & rear components inside the t-case won't be spinning at the same speeds, causing grinding.

And as mentioned above, it should be stopped & in Neutral to shift in or out of 4low. Then shift the trans into Drive (Or whatever gear is best for the situation). Both the transfer case & the transmission have to be in gear to drive.

Be aware that if you leave the t-case in Neutral, putting the transmission in Park won't hold the truck from rolling.

·
Banned
9,179 Posts
...explain to me how to put it into 4 wheel drive?
1) Open the owner's manual and READ. :deal
2) Open the operating guide and READ. :deal
3) Open the 4-Wheeling With Ford brochure and READ. :deal
4) Sit in the driver's seat, flip the sun visor down, and READ. :deal

·
Super Moderator
26,007 Posts
yo T,
I'll check with friends in town that may still have the 1991 Bronco Owners Manual and scan the 4x4 section paste it here or send it to you.

Google search shows one for sale on e bay at $39.95

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Ford-Bronco-Owners-Manual-/200763360650
"Free shipping
Best offer available
PayPal Credit New customers get $15 back on 1st purchase
Subject to credit approval"
==========

another in Canada $34.99
1991 Ford Bronco owners manual with Sound System operating guide, 4 wheeling guide, etc.and case
Condition: light wear on the cover of the manual, all pages intact and in good shape.
Shipping to USA $7.99
Shipping in Canada $5.99
this manual was printed in the USA so shipping to the USA does not attract duty

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Ford-Bronco-owners-manual-kit-/251338464561?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item3a84f09d31&vxp=mtr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts