Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been chasing a rattle in my dashboard, passenger side.

Today, i found it. It's that decorative strip right in front of the passenger, the narrow black one.

It's held in by a series of plastic clips that fit into sockets on the dashboard. On mine, the two on the end still have a fuzzy metal spring-mechanism on them:

but in the middle those fuzzy metal parts are all gone, and one clip is broken off entirely

are those spring clips replaceable? can new ones be purchased? I'd hate to have to resort to adhesive to hold this thing down.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,851 Posts
You can find the trim strips in the junkyard and the metal clips come off pretty easily. You can scrounge up a few extra and put them your trim piece.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can find the trim strips in the junkyard and the metal clips come off pretty easily. You can scrounge up a few extra and put them your trim piece.
if I must, I must... but I hate digging in junkyards for hardware. Bolts, clips, clamps, etc... I'd much rather cough up a few bucks to get something made in this decade. :)

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,851 Posts
Items number 4 and 5 are the instrument panel bezel trim pieces that use the same metal clips if you want to pay $20 plus shipping just to get out of going to a junkyard.

Personally for me, a trip to the junkyard is a fun day of parts hunting. I look forward to my trips to the j/y.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Items number 4 and 5 are the instrument panel bezel trim pieces that use the same metal clips if you want to pay $20 plus shipping just to get out of going to a junkyard.
I would gladly pay $25 to avoid the junkyard. :)

I'll check with them, see if they sell those fuzzy clips separate.

Thanks!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,126 Posts
5 minutes in the JY is all that will take... Ive got some of those clips, but they are on trim pieces im trying to sell.

Reactions: Trashboat

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
141 Posts
I would gladly pay $25 to avoid the junkyard. :)

I'll check with them, see if they sell those fuzzy clips separate.

Thanks!
Original parts in the junkyard are usually made to higher quality standard than new stuff (crap).
Trim clips may not be a big deal but if you only rely on new parts you’ll end up with an unreliable, rattle trap Bronco that’s +80% made in China :(

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
You can buy a replacement long strip at about $150. I have several of them in silver and black. If the plastic clip is broken off you would have to do a plastic repair or replace the strip with another used one.

There's nothing made in the last decade for the interior except maybe a non rear defrost cluster bezel. Used is the only option. The fuzzy clips are also only 96-97HD.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Original parts in the junkyard are usually made to higher quality standard than new stuff (crap).
Trim clips may not be a big deal but if you only rely on new parts you’ll end up with an unreliable, rattle trap Bronco that’s +80% made in China :(
Sigh... You make a good point. :-(

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,126 Posts
Black XLT marked ones are also the rarest. I think i have one. Along with a hand full of the short ones for the instrument cluster bezel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts