Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get the hose to move and seat back to the orignal position on the nipple? I was only able to get the hose halfway to the needed position.

Hose coming off the throttle body sprung a leak and coolant went all over. Removed clips, remove hose, I think it's 3/8"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right- soapy water. PRAD0- you need to stay in the newb forum. wd40:smilie_slap

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
you could use a pair of neddle nose pliers to stretch it a bit.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I use hairspray to get bicycle grips on... when wet it lubes then drys and they dont slip doesnt break down that rubber...

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
I use hairspray to get bicycle grips on... when wet it lubes then drys and they dont slip doesnt break down that rubber...
I'm not going to even ask why you have Hair spray! :histerica :beer

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
315 Posts
Lubing a nipple? I can always rely on FSB for a laugh. Try Canola Oil, but not alot. Just a dab on your finger. And then clamp it on, so it doesnt pop off again.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
KY. Works every time, and it's water-soluble. :rofl:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm not going to even ask why you have Hair spray! :histerica :beer

Allcruisen :imp :usa
Hehehe Ive had to borrow it ever since I gave up my flock of seagulls hairdo in the 80's...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only a true Michigander would say KY.- funny! I sprayed a "tad" of BullFrog SPF45 (sunblock)- all good now- thanks.
Then I took WD40 and sprayed it on PRAD0's backside so he call pull that stick out of his A**!! HA!

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Only a true Michigander would say KY.- funny! I sprayed a "tad" of BullFrog SPF45 (sunblock)- all good now- thanks.
Then I took WD40 and sprayed it on PRAD0's backside so he call pull that stick out of his A**!! HA!
Good thinking with that Bullfrog w/SPF. Not only did you get it on all the way but the hose now has UV protection so it won't break down as fast this time.:toothless

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I just use a little bit of soapy water. Not too much though, just a drop of Dawn in some water to lube it but not so much that it makes it slip off.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
KY. Works every time, and it's water-soluble. :rofl:
I always used WD40. It didn't matter if it broke down rubber or not.

Lambskin.......

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Dish soap or vegetable oil won't hurt anything, carefull not ot over tighten the hose "clamp" on the TB cooling tube as the metal tends to get soft, rusty and dissolves over time making it harder to keep a rubber hose on a cooling tube.....PITA...lol lol ..

I found a pristine TB from an FSB member in VA for $30.00 because my tubes where shot....it's sitting on the shelf in the garage as a spare......

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JKossrides- good point on the not over tightening the clamp. Is this a judgment call on the torque- tightening? If I eyeball the tube/clamp should there be say 1/16 indentation? I have upgraded to the 56mm TB.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts