Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my axles from Superior and they have no studs in them, How do I instal the press in studs ? Do I have to bring them to a shop that has a press or can I just tighten a lugnut up to draw the studs tight ?

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will use a lugnut...... i will also tighten it...... thanks fellas-

·
Administrator
22,839 Posts
if you have the axle shaft out I usually install the stud...center a socket over it and knock it tight with a sledge hammer.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since its out .... ill be in the front yard whacking it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
if you have the axle shaft out I usually install the stud...center a socket over it and knock it tight with a sledge hammer.
ya ya thats what i do to keep it on there then once everything is installed honk them down with lug nuts then after you drive it a mile or so tighten any loose ones thats just what i do

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
If you are uncomfortable with beating the hell out of your new shafts take them somehwere and have them pressed in.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I'd suggest you try the socket/sledge hammer routine only if you're confident of hitting the socket/stud squarely. You do not want to misalign a stud and then try to straighten it by hitting it again. You can wallow out the hole in your new shaft and always have a loose stud. I've used a lug nut and an impact to seat the stud however I first seat the stud by hand and stack some washers on it prior to installing the lug nut. Ensure your impact socket is a deep well to ensure the socket doesn't limit out prior to the stud fully seating.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Geez, some of you guys make this sound like some sort of science experiment. :rofl: Pull them in with the lug nuts, smack 'em in with a hammer, use a press, whatever you got. Just be sure to recheck them several times in the first hundred miles or so as a couple will surely be a hair loose after installation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts